Knives Out (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
looks like great fun and i’m there day 1, but ditto what Vader said about it looking “cheap”

it’s definitely partly RJ image comps

also, a bad example of digital cinematography - kinda ironic considering Yedlin’s demos matching film/digital are insanely impressive

Artemis wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 12:31 pm
So at the end of the trailer there's a number you can text. Put the image in spoilers because it's so big (that's what she said)
lol

Day fucking one.

This movie's look and colors remind me of Kingsman for some reason.

Kentucky Fried Bond

ehhhhhhhh sorta nope

Man that cast... and it essentially feels like a chamber piece, so they'll all act out of each other for much of the runtime which is really cool compared to other stacked casts like OUATIH or Dune.

Definitely seems to has a Brothers Bloom-whimsical tone which is unexpected

Day 1 for me.

I hope this is good for Rian's sake. Only saw trailer once (that's my thing) but I can't tell what is the genre? Is it a straight up whodunnit?

the_red_ninja wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:44 am
I hope this is good for Rian's sake. Only saw trailer once (that's my thing) but I can't tell what is the genre? Is it a straight up whodunnit?
No it's a Whodunnit like no one has ever dunnit duh

i would love to have a beer with rian johnson. a man who, at the peak of his influence in hollywood, uses his powers to make a lighthearted murder mystery. can you get more pure than that? i don't think he has an ounce of cynicism in his body.

i still assert he's never made a great film and this doesn't dissuade me. the high-key campiness feels undercut the swearing and violence but that's just ol' ry-j subverting our expectations yet again. like TLJ this seems to be an edgy stew of tonal choices but hey that may work in his favour this time around. it at least looks sincere which goes a long way in my books