Cats (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:29 pm
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:33 pm
the film is great the problem is it's a relentlessly faithful adaptation of a plotless 80's coked out musical that's playing in +2000 theaters

i was headed to the washroom while a family was walking out, i asked them why they left and they said "too much singing"
dude it’s a musical in which the director holds shots for .2 seconds while being almost all handheld shaky cam

i love reading your thoughts on stuff but this movie was BAD. every decision was wrong lol - it’s the most misguided thing i’ve ever seen. had they just filmed a broadway production it would’ve been 100x better
Cats (1998) is indeed much better lol. I can’t believe this made me appreciate Cats the stage musical way more than before.

Well it made $27 million worldwide

This sums up my thoughts pretty well on what a hack Hooper is, in general.

That thumbnail tho

I just

I just can't

I saw a clip

And the first seven minutes of that video

w a t in the fucking fuck Hooper and everyone involved?

WAT

and I haven't even seen the damned thing in it's entirety

Nomis wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 5:49 pm
I just

I just can't

I saw a clip

And the first seven minutes of that video

w a t in the fucking fuck Hooper and everyone involved?

WAT

and I haven't even seen the damned thing in it's entirety
So you've only seen a clip and the first seven minutes of that critique and you are that upset with the film making? I'm not saying the film doesn't deserve it, but you haven't made up your mind for yourself.

brandx is hooper confirmed

It scarred me on so many levels already I don't think I can live throughout this film and boi have I seen some bad films

Other than some bits like the naked Catris Elba or the mice children, I could see myself willing to get along with the looks of these cats for the most part. But faults of the film go way beyond that.

Hooper takes the charming comical bits of ALW's musical and turns them into insufferable fiascos of utter madness with such obnoxious players as Corden, Wilson and Derulo at the centre. And surprisingly no one here is worse than McKellen. Never have seen him in such a poor form.

Hayward is sweet and likeable (Dances better than how she sings or acts), Hudson delivers a capable turn as Grizabella, could have been a memorable (No pun intended) one in a better film, and the Rumpleteazer/Mungojerrie sequence is shockingly all right, compared to the rest of the numbers. But those are the only positive things that I can say about this. Hooper is bad at making films. This is completely his fault.