Cats (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:33 pm
the film is great the problem is it's a relentlessly faithful adaptation of a plotless 80's coked out musical that's playing in +2000 theaters

i was headed to the washroom while a family was walking out, i asked them why they left and they said "too much singing"
Haven't seen it yet but could you explain why it's 'great', despite the rest of your comment?

my brain just can’t process the imagery of cats without cat noses

those blue peeps from avatar look more like cats than these demons

the film is great the problem is it's a relentlessly faithful adaptation of a plotless 80's coked out musical that's playing in +2000 theaters

i was headed to the washroom while a family was walking out, i asked them why they left and they said "too much singing"
FWIW, there is a shockingly large number of Americans who become surprised to find out The Nutcracker doesn’t have any talking in it each year.

Americans are bad.

like i genuinely wonder every single day since its release if i should see it, my sister wants to, but she has awful taste, and if i should do it, i want someone to pressure me into doing it. like someone tell me to watch this film because this isn’t a decision i want to make on my own

just gather all the self respect you have and stash it down the drain

then go see this film
and report back cus lol

m4st4 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 3:47 pm
Haven't seen it yet but could you explain why it's 'great', despite the rest of your comment?
i dug the song and dance and was never bored. my comment is not disparaging, its just saying the film was ripped from another era and modern audiences can't handle it.

Ruth wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 6:20 pm
like i genuinely wonder every single day since its release if i should see it, my sister wants to, but she has awful taste, and if i should do it, i want someone to pressure me into doing it. like someone tell me to watch this film because this isn’t a decision i want to make on my own

January 2nd, 2020, 7:05 pm
Ruth wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 6:20 pm
mhmmm yes okay fine

dude it’s a musical in which the director holds shots for .2 seconds while being almost all handheld shaky cam

i love reading your thoughts on stuff but this movie was BAD. every decision was wrong lol - it’s the most misguided thing i’ve ever seen. had they just filmed a broadway production it would’ve been 100x better

Michaelf2225 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 7:29 pm

dude it’s a musical in which the director holds shots for .2 seconds while being almost all handheld shaky cam

i love reading your thoughts on stuff but this movie was BAD. every decision was wrong lol - it’s the most misguided thing i’ve ever seen. had they just filmed a broadway production it would’ve been 100x better
Let’s not pretend the source material is Ulysses, either.