Cats (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I'm not that appalled by the looks of the characters, I think the costumed, staged versions are usually just as weird. After all, to quote Norm Macdonald, it's about cats. You can't really make it better, unless you do an Aristocats-style animation film about singing cats :D At least, that's what I think.

It looks undoubtedly weird, but is there any way to make this work on film? Apart from filming the stage show. I don't know. It's Cats.

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:37 am
I'm not that appalled by the looks of the characters, I think the costumed, staged versions are usually just as weird. After all, to quote Norm Macdonald, it's about cats. You can't really make it better, unless you do an Aristocats-style animation film about singing cats :D At least, that's what I think.

It looks undoubtedly weird, but is there any way to make this work on film? Apart from filming the stage show. I don't know. It's Cats.
This.

Also, it’s AAA production and it looks aesthetically pleasing, weird and experimental. I’m in just because it’s so unsafe for a Hollywood production.

m4st4 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 6:41 am
DHOPW42 wrote:

This.

Also, it’s AAA production and it looks aesthetically pleasing, weird and experimental. I’m in just because it’s so unsafe for a Hollywood production.
It's a musical. There's nothing unsafe about this except for the cats cause they definitely look like they're sporting some feline AIDS.

imagine how many people discovered they were furries after they saw this

edit: my 7000th post ends up being this ugh

ugh apparently Furries hate this too

what is this

The trailer was fucking horrifying.

DHOPW42 wrote:

But also, was this a prequel to Cats?