Black Widow (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
‘BLACK WIDOW’ will be released in May 2020 and will star Rachel Weisz, Florence Pugh, David Harbour and Scarlett Johansson with Cate Shortland set to direct.
The film will take place after the events of ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR’

Footage description-
The scene takes place in Budapest (yes, that Budapest) and shows Natasha breaking into an apartment and facing off against Yelena. They fight — a brutal, no holds bar brawl reminiscent of the sheer bone-breaking physicality on display in Captain America: Winter Soldier — and then seem to be at peace with each other in the next scene. It appears Natasha seeks out Yelena so they can work together — they call each other “sisters” —and Natasha mentions wanting to wipe the red from her ledger.

“I don’t know if I could have played this iteration of Natasha ten years ago. It would have been a very different film,” said Johansson to Hall H. “And you know, I get to play Natasha as a fully realized woman and in all of her many facets. I’m excited for fans to see the flogged side of her, what she perceives to be the flogged side of her. And I’m looking to wipe out some of the red in my ledger.”

The fight scene was a compelling proof of concept for the film, but the biggest reveal came at the end of the clip, when Natasha is suddenly faced with a hooded figure in a metal get-up. While the shield the figure carries is reminiscent of the one held by Taskmaster, the villain in Black Widow is very clearly a woman, and with the full metal suit and the hood, it can only mean the shadowy figure is Iron Maiden. Yes, Natasha’s main foe in the film is another woman!

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Great cast and plot looks good.

Surprised Skyab hasn’t criticized this yet.

I'm no comic book afficianado, but doesn't Taskmaster usually have a sword? I hope they didn't remove it because they thought it was too silly.

Florence Pugh being in this makes it sooo much better already. I wish she stays for more MCU movies.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 23rd, 2019, 12:04 am
I'm no comic book afficianado, but doesn't Taskmaster usually have a sword? I hope they didn't remove it because they thought it was too silly.
Taskmaster will probably end up being watered down. I always found MCU to be quite weird with how it approaches designs of its characters. Many of its characters are designed in that pseudo-realistic fashion, yet tone of their movies is almost always all over the place and it has no barriers when it comes to being goofy. The best example of that is Malekith from Thor 2, who looks nothing like the over-top-top and vibrant character from comics. His design is bleak and dull, but the movie itself is full of goofball moments on the level of Wayans Brothers comedies. Even Iron Man 2, which was pretty much a comedy, couldn't put Whiplash in his goofy-ass purple masquerade from Tales of Suspense days.

Ace

Last edited by Ace on August 25th, 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There was a tweet that said the footage shown has ScarJo and Pugh choking each other and features Rachel Weisz in red latex (either latex or leather idk).

Lesbians everywhere unite!

:lol:

Artemis wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 4:34 pm
There was a tweet that said the footage shown has ScarJo and Pugh choking each other and features Rachel Weisz in red latex (either latex or leather idk).

Lesbians everywhere unite!
way to oppress white men smh