Black Widow (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The opening scene of Black Widow is one of the best sequences Marvel has done. Shame the rest wasn't as strong.

-Vader

Agreed. That opening sequence is excellent and completely misleads you due to how poor the entire movie following it is lol.

Had heard a lot that this was among the weakest MCU entry, but I'd put higher than Iron Man 2, Thor 2, First Avenger or Captain Marvel. Maybe also higher than both Ant-Man or Homecoming. There's a lot to enjoy, even if the third act is a terrible mess, and it is visually quite weak. I found the family relations to be quite moving. There's a Guardians of the galaxy side to it, with characters that are broken inside or terrible.

However the third act could be studied as a "what not to do?", for examples:
-revealing Natasha's plan through flash-back is a terrible idea, there is no tension or suspens in the scene until the twist.
-Harbour's character has been set the all film so that he can show that he can change and care in the final act, only to be completely sidelined
Love Louis-Dreyfus, but damn, I hate it every time her character comes on screen.

Vader182 wrote:
July 18th, 2021, 2:09 pm
The opening scene of Black Widow is one of the best sequences Marvel has done. Shame the rest wasn't as strong.

-Vader
Really? (Seriously asking about the opening scene you mentioned). I thought it was a decent film at the most but forgettable all the way through so I guess I just can't relate to your comment on the opening scene. Florence Pough is what mainly had me invested in it.