Black Widow (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Was Feige dogmatic about theatrical?

Interested to know if people think Black Widow could make $519 million, the same as much the first Ant-Man. This was the lowest grossing Marvel film since they got on a roll with The Avengers in 2012.

Black Widow is a proven character getting a long-awaited sequel. Before the pandemic it was in with a chance of making $800-Billion. I guess it seems fair with any pandemic film to cut the expected haul by 50%. But the premier access thing is such a known unknown.

The real test for whether the box office is still a thing comes this weekend with the first international roll out of Godzilla v Kong. This could be the end.....

The trailers have been underwhelming, this is a prequel and a long overdue project so I doubt it would reach 600 million even without the pandemic.

The only thing it had going for it is that it's the first MCU movie in a loooong while. People might have been starving for it... but now they get their weekly fix of MCU content from WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

No way this would’ve made a billion lol. It probably would have made about eight hundred.

Cinema is dead.

Rachel Weisz is wearing a catsuit in a new character poster. This is not a drill.

New Black Widow TV spot. I booked my tickets already. I wouldn't normally care for this, but hyped to return to an IMAX screen. Also, does anyone else think that this film is really aping the style of M:I - Fallout? I know they initially hired that film's DP, but something happened and he flew out. Nonetheless, visually it looks similar. It's certainly one of the more attractive Marvel films. I dig that grimy, overcast espionage aesthetic

Florence Pugh as Yelena is the star, bringing lots of charm, humor, and emotion.
– Nicole Ackman, Next Best Picture

Florence Pugh steals the show.
– Fico Cangiano, CineXpress

Florence Pugh steals the show, as she always does, with a hilariously down-to-earth performance that might also make you cry?
– Anne Cohen, Refinery29

Florence Pugh steals the show… Get ready to welcome Yelena THEE Belova to the MCU.
– Trey Mangum, Shadow and Act

Black Widow is an excellent introduction to the character. Florence Pugh’s performance is pitch-perfect as Yelena.
– Ferdosa Abdi, Geeks of Color

Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova is an ABSOLUTE STANDOUT. Marvel fans will ADORE her… She’ll be an instant fan favorite.
– Meagan Damore, CBR

Florence is one of the bright spots, she’s hilarious and perfectly vulnerable.
– Hoai-Tran Bui, Slashfilm

Florence Pugh rules.
– Fico Cangiano, CineXpress

Florence Pugh steals the show.
– Mike Ryan, Uproxx

yep

This film should obviously be renamed Florence Pugh because she's seemingly the standout and is one of the few reasons I am even mildly interested in watching this film.

This movie was worse than Tenet.

anikom15 wrote:
July 17th, 2021, 7:18 pm
This movie was worse than Tenet.
lol