Little Women (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Debuts with 90/100 on Metacritic.

this is my favorite movie of the year

it’s familiar yet fresh, and like Lady Bird, Gerwig’s filmmaking is just so human, that i spent the two hour runtime on the edge of tears or crying - whether out of happiness or sadness

masterpiece

Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 8:15 am

it’s familiar yet fresh, and like Lady Bird, Gerwig’s filmmaking is just so human, that i spent the two hour runtime on the edge of tears or crying - whether out of happiness or sadness

masterpiece
Looking forward to seeing this soon. Just out of curiousity, what are some of your other fav films of 2019?

Recently watched the 1994 adaptation, while I thought it was quite okay, it was also rather sterile... And I think Gerwig's approach to the story, narratively, has much more chances of it all paying off emotionally. I really can't wait to see it. Have to wait until the first week of February over here... But I like that Pugh and Chalamet are getting high praise. Maybe they both have a shot at the Oscars, it's not uncommon for actors to get Oscar nominations after having missed out on a Globe nomination. I mean you never know lol

Ozymandias wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 9:18 am
Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 8:15 am

masterpiece
Looking forward to seeing this soon. Just out of curiousity, what are some of your other fav films of 2019?
probably something like

little women
marriage story
parasite
the irishman
high life

once upon a time is very close behind. i still need to see the lighthouse, uncut gems, and 1917 off the top of my head - i’m sure there’s some other films that have slipped through the cracks as well

Gerwig did a terrific job with this. Great screenplay and direction as well as fantastic performances. Just a very enjoyable and sweet watch.
The structure paid off so well with the Beth on the beach sequence.

Yeah this is going to be very close to the top of my end of year list. Adored it.

My friends and I are on vacation rn and we had to choose between this and Uncut Gems. We chose Gems but I'm gonna do everything I can to see this in theatres. As long as it's still playing when I get back after the first.

Ive heard nothing but raves.

Bacon wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 8:24 pm
My friends and I are on vacation rn and we had to choose between this and Uncut Gems. We chose Gems but I'm gonna do everything I can to see this in theatres. As long as it's still playing when I get back after the first.

Ive heard nothing but raves.
i mean i suppose if you're on vacay with a bunch of guy friends (or any friends, really) gems was probably the move

saw this one with my family, and everyone loved it - my fav of the year, honestly