Little Women (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just saw this. Can't compare the film to the book or the other adaptations yet, but this is definitely one of 2019's best.

Which classical music does
Beth play on the piano where Mr. Laurence starts crying on the staircase? I can't remember it

It is an excellent adaptation but the 1994 managed to make me cry and this one sadly did not. Also, I think the 1994 soundtrack was more memorable.

Nomis wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 1:32 pm
Which classical music does
Beth play on the piano where Mr. Laurence starts crying on the staircase? I can't remember it
According to reddit, "Of Foreign Lands and Peoples" from Scenes from Childhood by Robert Schumann.

Ah yes, that's the one. Such a beautiful piece of music

Still really wish something was done to differentiate Amy's costume choices/makeup from being 13 to being 20. Pugh is excellent and one of the standouts (possibly the best?) of the film, but that's a criticism I agree with. She looks like a mid-20's actor pretending to be a child.

Bacon wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 5:56 pm
Still really wish something was done to differentiate Amy's costume choices/makeup from being 13 to being 20. Pugh is excellent and one of the standouts (possibly the best?) of the film, but that's a criticism I agree with. She looks like a mid-20's actor pretending to be a child.
I'd say that's true occasionally (in the scene here her teacher sees her making that drawing for instance) but then there are scenes like when she's on the frozen lake where she seems much more like a kid.

Bacon wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 5:56 pm
Tbh there’s only so much makeup can do realistically without turning someone into a cartoon. You just can’t make someone in their early to mid 20s look 12-13. She has a lower voice, more shapely body. I think they did the best they could without recasting. I just mentally added a couple of years to their “kid” ages going in and it felt better to look at lol.

I agree with Ruth. There's only so much you can do without recasting. I mean yeah de-aging with CGI was probably too expensive but thank god they didn't go with that lol

Not just Pugh but the other young actors really convincingly played their characters at two wholly different ages.

I also really liked Scanlen's performance. It might come off as unimpressive but man if you compare her work in this with HBO's Sharp Objects... She couldn't be more different. A full 180. I hope she nabs some big roles with other great directors.

Hyped to see that Little Women is coming out soon--excited to get it on 4k. Then it was announced the blu will be released, but no mention of the 4k. Then, to make matters worse, they release the cover art for the film and it is the worst cover art I've ever seen. A film this great deserves better.

https://hd-report.com/2020/02/11/little ... gital-dvd/