1917 (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
i’ll never say no to a (most likely like 98%) well made world war I movie

if a “gimmick” is well executed, why not??

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 11:25 am
mendes & deakins is too chill of a combo for me to be skeptical
same here

Some very first plot details here : https://hnentertainment.co/sam-mendes-w ... nic-tuohy/
The two young British soldiers are apparently brothers, Dean expected to be playing the younger of the two.

Also, essentially the female lead (will be supporting) of the film will be a young rural French girl named Lauri, who is hiding during the conflict. She most likely runs into the young men during their trek in Europe. This detail would most certainly confirm that the setting will indeed be France/Belgium as where most of the fighting took place.

Other supporting roles in the film include a handful of military officers.
I love Sam Mendes's work (especially outside JB, his five movies are truly magnificent and beautiful) and this movie sounds absolutely risky and ambitious, I'M ALSO IN.

Deakins on set Image

deak it up

This movie will be incredible. Can't wait. Sam Mendes is a so much underestimated director.

Nolan62 wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 12:21 pm
This movie will be incredible. Can't wait. Sam Mendes is a so much underestimated director.
Um... Are you talking about the same Sam Mendes? I don't think anyone "underestimates" what he's capable of making. Sure, Spectre was a huge fuckin misfire, but this is the guy who made American Beauty, Road to Perdition, and Skyfall. He's an immensely talented director imo.