1917 (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 26009
Joined: June 2011
Ruth wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 12:18 pm
time might absolutely be the enemy for this since it comes out 2 years after dunkirkino
"Pressed"

User avatar
Posts: 8088
Joined: August 2012
Bacon wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 10:55 pm
Ruth wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 12:18 pm
time might absolutely be the enemy for this since it comes out 2 years after dunkirkino
"Pressed"
Image

User avatar
Posts: 9117
Joined: August 2009
Ruth wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:29 am
Bacon wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 10:55 pm
Ruth wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 12:18 pm
time might absolutely be the enemy for this since it comes out 2 years after dunkirkino
"Pressed"
Image
LmAo! SaVaGe RuTH.

User avatar
Posts: 9842
Joined: October 2011
Location: Foot of Mt. Belzoni
Vader182 wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 12:37 pm
buddy we've known for more than 5 or 6 months lol

this BTS thing got me way more interested in 1917 than the trailer did tbh


-Vader
Yup.

I think the one-take thing will likely transcend gimmick, since the whole point of what they're undertaking is territory. To get that sense of continuity, if done well, will be a unique experience.

User avatar
Posts: 26009
Joined: June 2011
Ruth wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:29 am
Bacon wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 10:55 pm
Ruth wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 12:18 pm
time might absolutely be the enemy for this since it comes out 2 years after dunkirkino
"Pressed"
Image
I don't think it did lol

Ace
Posts: 1470
Joined: November 2012

User avatar
Posts: 19621
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
1.) that song choice is terrrrrible
2.) why wouldn't they show a single instance of the long-take-y-ness?


-Vader

User avatar
Posts: 4011
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
What a colossal failure of a trailer. Ima pass this in theaters and just watch Dunkirk on my 4K w/surround

User avatar
Posts: 26009
Joined: June 2011
I mean, it certainly distanced itself from the Dunkirk-esque ticking clock trailer that the first one used lol

User avatar
Posts: 19807
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
Feels like they're trying to be like that first trailer for Dunkirk instead of the "race against time" angle. I have no doubt this movie is going to be shot gorgeously and directed incredibly, but this trailer did not do it any favours. Showcase those fucking long ass takes!

Post Reply