The Eternals (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Best Marvel trailer since Endgame (excluding the TV shows - WandaVision's rocked)

The cgi looks kind of crappy and the performances seem bland?

Allstar wrote:
August 19th, 2021, 10:06 am
The cgi looks kind of crappy and the performances seem bland?
I don't know that I would go that far....

I've very curious how this will do. Because this looks more like a Mortal Engines or Warcraft type movie than a Marvel movie. This doesn't seem to have the glib charisma that Marvel has cemented their brand as. Those monster things look horrible, and overall the movie looks dull and underlit; this has the same low-contrast problem of other marvel movies but in a darker tonal range. I've read some of the old Kirby, and the Gaiman stuff and The Eternals are not one of the stronger Kirby creations.

LelekPL wrote:
August 19th, 2021, 6:16 am
Best Marvel trailer since Endgame (excluding the TV shows - WandaVision's rocked)
To each, his own, but Spider-Man Far from Home is a better trailer!

Reviews are disappointing to say the least. RT currently sits at 70%/6.0 avg, that average score is the lowest of any MCU movie. Top critics are at 55%/5.5 avg which isn't any better. Ouch.

MCU’s first rotten movie.

This was bad.

Fell asleep during the third act.

No likeable characters. No intelligible story. No reason given to viewers why we should care and why it even matters to the larger universe.

Like, it makes you question the plan here. Zhao was also the wrong choice. All the action scenes just look off somehow. Characters hardly have chemistry with each other. I mean, it looks neat when the characters are standing around with the wind blowing in their hair. But that's about it.

Also the trailer gave me the impression
Madden's character would be the main character, but he amounted to little more than a sidekick who becomes an antagonist.
I hope Doctor Strange and Spidey can save this phase from spiraling.