The Eternals (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

“I wanted to reference ‘The Revenant‘ a lot,” Zhao says. “‘The Revenant’ is a film that I love so much. And I think we’ve watched ‘The Revenant’ so many times, every meeting when we come to our action sequences because most of those sequences are shot on location. And I love how immersive and the way how you feel the dash and sequences in ‘The Revenant.’ It’s definitely a film that we aspire to. And Marvel really, really supported that idea and really went for it.”

8-)

I'm mixed on these visuals. Are they good? Some of the shots do look beautiful

I have no idea what the story is supposed to be nor do I get any indication what the characters are about from this trailer. Not wowed by the visuals either tbh.

The teaser is meh but I still think Chloe Zhao can deliver something unique in the MCU. It already looks like it won't follow the same superhero formula, even if what's shown is not interesting in its own right just yet. It is just a teaser.

The visual style clearly echoes Nomadland (obviously) but getting a very similar vibe to Greig Fraser's work on Rogue One and the Dune trailer. I think it's certainly Marvel's best looking film in a long while. It benefits from using natural light and real locations.....No denying, this film looks striking. I gotta check out Nomadland asap.

"Screenplay Chloé Zhao and Chloé Zhao & Patrick Burleigh" LMAO :lol:

a marvel film with clear malick influences is the real endgame