Superman: Legacy (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This movie doesn't deserve to exist.

anikom15 wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 1:17 am
No movie deserves to exist.

Her does.

anikom15 wrote:
April 30th, 2018, 1:17 am
This movie should have existed already. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are the only two DCEU movies that deserves a sequel.

Deadline has confirmed that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing a Superman reboot feature for Warner Bros and DC, which J.J. Abrams is producing under his Bad Robot label.

Hannah Minghella will serve as producer. No plot yet and no attachments despite the fact that we’ve heard how Henry Cavill is eager to get back into the cape.

Coates is attached to a Ryan Coogler directed drama feature entitled Wrong Answer about a math teacher in Atlanta who is scandalized when he looks to get funding for his school by altering his students’ test scores. Michael Jordan is attached to Wrong Answer.

Abrams has a big half billion deal over at WarnerMedia which he closed in September 2019.
https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-r ... 234701922/
“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement received only by Shadow and Act. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.

“Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between the World and Me opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world,” added Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We’re confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel.”

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 1:12 pm
Deadline has confirmed that Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing a Superman reboot feature for Warner Bros and DC, which J.J. Abrams is producing under his Bad Robot label.

Hannah Minghella will serve as producer. No plot yet and no attachments despite the fact that we’ve heard how Henry Cavill is eager to get back into the cape.

Coates is attached to a Ryan Coogler directed drama feature entitled Wrong Answer about a math teacher in Atlanta who is scandalized when he looks to get funding for his school by altering his students’ test scores. Michael Jordan is attached to Wrong Answer.

Abrams has a big half billion deal over at WarnerMedia which he closed in September 2019.
https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-r ... 234701922/
“To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor,” said Coates in a statement received only by Shadow and Act. “I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

“There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen, and we’re beyond thankful to the team at Warner Bros. for the opportunity,” said J.J. Abrams in the statement to S&A.

“Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between the World and Me opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world,” added Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We’re confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel.”
This is super interesting. Honestly, Ta-Nehisi Coates is too good for the superhero blockbuster machine...but getting paid is cool.
Last edited by Nomis on February 26th, 2021, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags for large walls of text, even more so when it's directly underneath the post

They better not sideline Cavill fam

Fingers crossed this wont be a Rise of Skywalker piece of jabbas crap thanks

Nomis wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 6:39 pm

They casting a Black Superman. 8-)

J.J. is just producing. I also think people need to get over Rise of Skywalker.

1. It was not all his fault but he hired a horrific co-writer.
2. His career should not be defined by it.

Allstar wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:21 pm
Nomis wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 6:39 pm

They casting a Black Superman. 8-)

J.J. is just producing. I also think people need to get over Rise of Skywalker.

1. It was not all his fault but he hired a horrific co-writer.
2. His career should not be defined by it.
Great news, he isn't directing...not because I don't like Rise of Skywalker, but because I don't like what is in his mystery box.