Superman: Legacy (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A Borges man wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:38 pm
Great news, he isn't directing...not because I don't like Rise of Skywalker, but because I don't like what is in his mystery box.
That's what she said

LelekPL wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 12:11 am
A Borges man wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:38 pm
Great news, he isn't directing...not because I don't like Rise of Skywalker, but because I don't like what is in his mystery box.
That's what she said
:clap:

Rise of Skywalker seemed more like a culmination of JJ's inane obsession with nostalgia, see also pretty much all his other films.

Real shame if they wont have Cavill back. Also fuck that Zimmer soundtrack I guess?

Nomis wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 7:41 am
Rise of Skywalker seemed more like a culmination of JJ's inane obsession with nostalgia, see also pretty much all his other films.

Real shame if they wont have Cavill back. Also fuck that Zimmer soundtrack I guess?
There's plenty of people who can beef up to be Superman and who can actually play Clark, unlike Cavill.

Also, the Zimmer score is not even better or more definitive than Williams' score which they threw out while doing MoS. So it's not like there's not a precedence for it already and maybe the next score will be good as well? Just a thought :P

Zimmer score is better than Williams

Guess they are probably doing Calvin Ellis instead of Clark Kent. Might be even Michael B. Jordan who's going to play the role.

He said it here some time ago that he'd like to do that.

LelekPL wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 8:22 am
Nomis wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 7:41 am

There's plenty of people who can beef up to be Superman and who can actually play Clark, unlike Cavill.

Also, the Zimmer score is not even better or more definitive than Williams' score which they threw out while doing MoS. So it's not like there's not a precedence for it already and maybe the next score will be good as well? Just a thought :P
It's not just about the physique for me, I think Cavill is a great fit for Clark Kent/Superman and having someone other than Snyder at the helm (or, God forbid, Whedon) would bring out different aspects of Cavill as Superman. I'm all for another film with him in the lead.

I never said or would ever imply Zimmers score is better or whatever than Williams, I think that's nonsensical, but I must say I really liked Zimmers work, that's for sure. I guess I'm not that ready for a whole other Superman, since we never got a solo Superman film after Man of Steel which is already heckin 8 years old now (they shot that in 2011 iirc I mean damn). Sure there is Snyders JL next month but that might be it for Cavill.

Just do without the Clark Kent Superman. I think Cavill is fine, but BvS and Justice League (in the pre-Snyder cut form) didn't do him any favors. Also, they ran through all his major arcs: Origin, Death, Ressurection.

The character has too much baggage film-wise, and there is a t.v. show currently about him. I'm happy if they go in a completely different direction.

Will JJ direct? If they are doing a black Superman, would a POC filmmaker be appointed? If so, I think Shaka King or Regina King should be on that shortlist.

Would love to see Gina Prince-Bythewood do it.