Birds of Prey and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Naomie Harris has a playful yet lethal presence. She has my vote for Catwoman.

m4st4 wrote:Whatever the hell that means.
I find she's always incredibly whiny. Her nasally voice bugs me too. She's fine as an actress, but she doesn't scream Selina to me,

They'll probably cast Eva Green, though Lena Headey, Charlize Theron and Rachel Weisz would work too.

Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spinoff has found its director.

Deadline is reporting that while a deal hasn’t been signed yet, Cathy Yan is Warner Bros. and Robbie’s choice to direct the movie. They were impressed by her pitch and Robbie wanted a female director for the project. Yan has just one movie on her résumé: Dead Pigs, which won the World Cinema Dramatic Award For Ensemble Acting at Sundance earlier this year.

The “girl gang” movie will be based on the Birds of Prey comics, though the other female heroes and villains that will be joining Harley Quinn are not yet confirmed. The comics have featured characters like Batgirl, Catwoman, Black Canary, and Huntress.

The script is from Transformers: Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson, who just got hired to write Batgirl as well. Margot Robbie is producing the movie via her production company, LuckyChap.
https://batman-news.com/2018/04/17/cath ... ang-movie/

Margot Robbie:
“I pitched the idea of an R-rated girl gang film including Harley, because I was like, ‘Harley needs friends.’ Harley loves interacting with people, so don’t ever make her do a standalone film. She’s got to be with other people, it should be a girl gang. I wasn’t seeing enough girl gangs on screen, especially in the action space. So that was always a big part of it.
On finding the right director:
“And then of course having a female director to tell that story. And giving a female director the chance to do big budget stuff. They always get ‘Here’s the tiny little film’… I was like, ‘I love action. I love action films. I’m a girl. What, are we meant to only like a specific thing’?” So it was a hugely important to find a female director for this, if possible. But at the end of the day — male, female — the best director gets the job and Cathy was the best director.
This is the only film Robbie was involved in bts:
“I want to make a girl gang, R-rated film that Harley is a part of,” Robbie explained, “And we started working on it from there. Meanwhile, over the course of the next few years, the studio was exploring other Harley Quinn spin-offs. But I was not a part of those versions, I was always focused on this one with Christina… I know that they were exploring ‘Gotham City Sirens’ with David Ayer, and I know they were exploring a Joker and Harley Quinn movie, and they were exploring doing I don’t know what else. I wasn’t a part of those. I was focusing on this. I kept presenting it to the studio until they felt it was at a point where they were ready to do it. And now we’re all in.”

Might start filming in january 2019, with an all-female crew.
https://batman-news.com/2018/05/16/bird ... rew-rumor/

For real though, if this really is going to be Birds of Prey then I don't see how Harley can be besties with the likes of Huntress and Batgirl, at all.

Nomis wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 7:14 pm
Might start filming in january 2019, with an all-female crew.
https://batman-news.com/2018/05/16/bird ... rew-rumor/

For real though, if this really is going to be Birds of Prey then I don't see how Harley can be besties with the likes of Huntress and Batgirl, at all.
I thought the rumor was that she was going to be the villain.

Doesn't really make sense if Robbie says she wants Harley to have friends lol

Hopefully this is good! Nice to hear the development is going smooth.

Apparently, Batgirl is not in the film: https://batman-news.com/2018/07/08/batg ... s-of-prey/

Honestly I still don't know why they call this the Birds of Prey film. So far it has only been described as a "Harley Quinn and her friends" film. That would sound more like a Gotham City Sirens film to me. Guess we'll find out this weekend at comic-con?