Birds of Prey and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Answered you. :thumbup:

initially wasn’t too interested in this movie at all, but i’ll probably go and see it tomorrow if it’s great.

My bro won a competition, so I'm seeing this tonight. pretty much going in blind yo

Sooo satisfying yo. I felt like it was very John Wick-esque except with Harley narration and craziness. There is plenty of fanservice for the comic book fans, but anyone can enjoy this powerpacked origin story. Huntress was really eh, whereas all other characters had proper presence. gimme sequel please.
I really wanna get me some roller skates, more than ever.

the_red_ninja wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 6:02 pm
Sooo satisfying yo. I felt like it was very John Wick-esque except with Harley narration and craziness. There is plenty of fanservice for the comic book fans, but anyone can enjoy this powerpacked origin story. Huntress was really eh, whereas all other characters had proper presence. gimme sequel please.
I really wanna get me some roller skates, more than ever.
Hell to the yeah! Welcome to the club yo.

Yeah, John Wick team was actually behind the stunts here but there are scenes where I think they surpassed themselves. Harley was never sold this effective as a fighter.

Im not sure if I have seen the same film as you guys LOL

I wasnt that impressed with this. I only briefly saw two trailers and they didnt wow me, so wasnt sure what to expect, but after all the positive reviews I thought it might be good and it might even surprise me so was looking forward to seeing it. After it finished I went out with the same feeling I had from trailers - not bad, but nothing special either. I always prefer films where they try to give us something we havent seen before, this one didnt give anything like that to me. Characters were good, Robbie did a great job with Harley, that character stood out for me the most, others were just okay, expected a bit more from Sionis. Music was great, action sequences worked, but some were not very believable
(multiple armed enemies against one unarmed)
plus I totally hate when
they show us the final shot of the film in the trailer!
That ruined the experience for me a bit. In the end I felt like I saw all the best stuff in trailers already, but on the other hand I was very impressed how they nailed the look of it. That part I liked very much. Maybe I wasnt in the right mindset yesterday so I will be definitely giving it another chance.

You definitely need to be in the right mindset for this one yes, but don't forget this movie has one foot set in reality and other in its looney tunes mirror. Harley even watches Silvester and Tweetie on a CRT screen. BoP sells this crossworld even more so than Deadpool in my opinion.

Holy shit! That was good. Wasn’t impressed by the trailers but the movie is just so much fun and it never stops. I also didn’t know Libatique shot this. No wonder why it looked so good.
Last edited by Tarssauce on February 7th, 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:58 pm
m4st4 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:57 pm
This fucking movie.

DC's Guardians of the Galaxy moment, I am shook.

Ladies all ruled, I want more.
Thoughts on Winstead and Ewan?
Winstead was my least favorite of the girls, but it's a testament to all the others since they were so good man. Ewan would steal the show in any other movie, he channeled Oldman in Leon The Professional I think, and brilliantly.

I think I'm in love with this movie. It's a honeymoon phase but feels like a full circle for me after a downward spiral that was Ayer's fiasco. The pacing was impecable, the soundtrack was Tarantino-y and fitting, the character work was seamless. This is, honest to god, Guardians of DC Universe.

And finally, Warners have a clear path ahead of them, their own formula to do these movies - just make one at a time the best they can, and make them their own self contained universes that are still - in concept, part of a bigger one. So, just like the comic books really.

Part of the appeal of the source medium is precisely that variety, and part of why most of us tend to nag on MCU even though they've done some awesome movies, is that even a shared universes need some form of originality. That's why Disney+ shows like WandaVision feel intriguing, and firing Scott Derickson for wanting to make a true horror superhero movie, feels wrong.

Anyway, I want more from the kickass girls. Bring out the Oracle, Poison Ivy. Cameo Pattinson if you can. Just gimme more.
Just saw it and all of the above ^^^

Genuinely DC's best post Nolan movie