Birds of Prey and the fantabulous emancipation of one harley quinn (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
At the Birds of Prey junket Yan confirmed to Collider’s own Dorian Parks that the John Wick 3: Parabellum director served as a 2nd unit director during those reshoots:

“He did some of the second unit directing for the reshoots, but also his company—because we were lucky enough to get him, his company 87eleven we’d worked with for the entirety of the shoot, and that’s because I really liked the way they did action. It felt very practical. Our stunt coordinator Jonathan Eusebio and I really got along and we really love like the old Jackie Chan movies, and the way that those stunts were done and the way that you shoot that kind of action—which is what 87eleven is sort of known for, as well. So they’d been training our ladies for months, and they did most of their own stunt work. Then when it came time to actually adding even more action in reshoots, it was just amazing to get to work with Chad too.”
Source: Collider

Man they're really going in with the soundtrack.

Booked for Feb 5th.

Second time is even more enjoyable.

Tonight's the night, hopefully not like the infamous Suicide Squad night.

Debuts with 91% on RT (7.1/10 for average rating) and 63/100 on metacritic.

women saving dc movies again

This fucking movie.

DC's Guardians of the Galaxy moment, I am shook.

Ladies all ruled, I want more.

m4st4 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:57 pm
This fucking movie.

Thoughts on Winstead and Ewan?

Master Virgo wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:58 pm
m4st4 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 3:57 pm
This fucking movie.

Thoughts on Winstead and Ewan?
Winstead was my least favorite of the girls, but it's a testament to all the others since they were so good man. Ewan would steal the show in any other movie, he channeled Oldman in Leon The Professional I think, and brilliantly.

I think I'm in love with this movie. It's a honeymoon phase but feels like a full circle for me after a downward spiral that was Ayer's fiasco. The pacing was impecable, the soundtrack was Tarantino-y and fitting, the character work was seamless. This is, honest to god, Guardians of DC Universe.

And finally, Warners have a clear path ahead of them, their own formula to do these movies - just make one at a time the best they can, and make them their own self contained universes that are still - in concept, part of a bigger one. So, just like the comic books really.

Part of the appeal of the source medium is precisely that variety, and part of why most of us tend to nag on MCU even though they've done some awesome movies, is that even a shared universes need some form of originality. That's why Disney+ shows like WandaVision feel intriguing, and firing Scott Derickson for wanting to make a true horror superhero movie, feels wrong.

Anyway, I want more from the kickass girls. Bring out the Oracle, Poison Ivy. Cameo Pattinson if you can. Just gimme more.