The Woman in the Window (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joe Wright will direct “The Woman in the Window,” a big screen adaptation of A.J. Finn’s best-seller, Variety has learned. Tracy Letts, the Pulitzer Prize winning writer of “August, Osage County,” will pen the script, and Scott Rudin (“No Country for Old Men,” “The Social Network”) and Eli Bush (“Lady Bird”) will produce the picture. Fox 2000 is backing the project.

“The Woman in the Window” centers on the reclusive Dr. Anna Fox, who spends her days holed in in her New York City brownstone, fortifying herself with too much wine, binge watching old movies, and spying on her neighbors. In the “Rear Window” vein, Anna eventually witnesses something she shouldn’t while keeping tabs on the Russell family, the seemingly picture perfect clan that lives across the way. The thriller has been a brisk seller since debuting in stores in January.

Source: Variety

£

Keira for lead?

For a second I thought they were remaking Lang.

Huh, love that film.£

Hopefully it's more like Rear Window instead of Girl on the Train.

Allstar wrote:
March 26th, 2018, 5:59 pm
Keira for lead?
I wish! I miss her. Anyone red the book?

Gary Oldman Joins Amy Adams in 'The Woman in the Window'
Oscar winner Gary Oldman is reteaming with his Darkest Hour director Joe Wright, joining Amy Adams in The Woman in the Window.

Adams is topping the Fox 2000 drama, an adaptation of the book by A.J. Finn.

With a nod to the Alfred Hitchcock classic Rear Window, the book centers on a child psychologist with severe agoraphobia (and a penchant for mixing alcohol with her medication) who hasn’t left her house in months. The woman witnesses a horrible crime involving a new neighboring family but no one, including the police, will believe her. And she has doubts herself.

Oldman will play the father of the mysterious family.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ow-1119023

Ace
Amy Adams' 'Woman in the Window' to Move to 2020 as Disney Retools the Fox Film
The final movie from the shuttering Fox 2000 division, an adaptation of a hit book from producer Scott Rudin, will get reshoots after test screenings revealed audiences were confused.

Disney — which acquired the Fox film empire in March — will move Woman in the Window out of 2019 and retool the movie, including reshoots, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The looming date change comes as the Burbank studio is digesting Fox’s slate, trouble-shooting on the films it inherited and setting a fall awards strategy.

A twisty mystery with a third act reveal and large chunks set inside the mind of Adams’ depressed character, The Woman in the Window has proven a challenging adaptation for director Joe Wright and producer Scott Rudin. Multiple sources tell THR the thriller, which also stars Gary Oldman and Julianne Moore and which Tracy Letts adapted for the screen, confused early test audiences.

Wright plans to shoot five days of pickup shots in August, after Adams finishes making Hillbilly Elegy, a Ron Howard movie for Netflix.

“We’re dealing with a complex novel,” says Fox 2000 president Elizabeth Gabler, who is departing the studio imminently but will remain as a consultant on the film for Disney until The Woman in the Window’s release. “We tested the movie really early for that very reason. We wanted to make it better, and we’ve had Disney’s full support in doing that.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/n ... ssion=true

I did enjoy the novel but it's not really that complex?

I can understand how audiences were confused though (spoilers for the book to follow so do not click)
when it's revealed that her husband and daughter died. In the book the reveal makes you realize that she never really talks to them on face time. It's always a voice on a phone except inside her head.
I was looking forward to see this film this year. Hopefully reshoots don't dumb the movie down.