The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.
http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-favrea ... ars-series
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on October 22nd, 2020, 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You get a Star Wars aaand you get a Star Wars and... YOU, get a Star Wars!

Kathleen Kennedy hates women.

Wonder what cartoon he's going to adapt exactly into live action with no added substance

Should I care about this?

Before Batfan ruins everybody’s meal with yet another anticorporate copy-paste... no, you shouldn’t. It’s not rational to get excited about anything without seeing at least some footage first. Even though we do it all the time and this is Star Wars. But this is also, what, third post-Episode IX project announced, Obi Wan Untitled Project excluded? So yeah, for now it’s whatever.

I'm just a little sick of "Get hype. Director that may or may not be fired later signed on to direct an untitled, unknown film that has something random to do with this franchise."

m4st4 wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Before Batfan ruins everybody’s meal with yet another anticorporate copy-paste... no, you shouldn’t. It’s not rational to get excited about anything without seeing at least some footage first. Even though we do it all the time and this is Star Wars. But this is also, what, third post-Episode IX project announced, Obi Wan Untitled Project excluded? So yeah, for now it’s whatever.
Not saying I'm super stoked for this project, but what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Sanchez wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 3:41 pm
m4st4 wrote:
March 8th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Not saying I'm super stoked for this project, but what on earth is that supposed to mean?
Exactly what it says. Might as well bold the follow up sentence to round it up nicely, like I did.

So we shouldn't get excited about Nolan's next project if we go in blind without seeing footage?