The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 1:28 pm
I don't see the problem with discovering Star Wars for the first time through this show. Maybe it doesn't work unless you know a lot about Star Wars, in which case that might be a big failing of the show so it might be important to see if it holds up as a story on its own and I'd be intrigued to hear the reaction from someone who has no idea what this is all about going into this show completely cold.
man i haven't used this one in yyyyears

If prior Star Wars knowledge is key to understanding what's going on within the show then the show's doing a bad job because you shouldn't have to have seen anything else to enjoy a good story. That's what that means.

So... Wow. That was really good!. A near perfect balance of everything that is great about the show in a single episode, and my god, this episode alone must've cost a fortune compared to Season 1. The production value!

Mando himself looks bulked up and "sits" inside the armor much better, similar to how Bale looked in TDKR (better) compared to TDK, and the stunt choreography is way better also. Favreau's direction also gives the show richer visuals (the whole opening scene!) and scale (that climax) than almost anything we saw in last season.

That set piece (you'll know the one) is just fucking fantastic. Star Wars-y, epic, sci-fi fantasy, and kinda/sorta an Easter Egg for those of us who have played various SW games in the past. You will understand.

Hopefully ya'll can go in as blind as I did. If the whole season is this consistent, which I frankly doubt given half of last season is pretty rough, we're in for a treat.

Also, real spoiler tags, do not open:
I hate to be this guy, but that AR shift was peak:

Whenever Ant sees this, he's going to lose his fucking mind.

-Vader

oh shit this came out already

i thought the baby yoda eyeshadow palette coming out yesterday was just a coincidence

Awesome first episode! The step up in scale reminds me of Game of Thrones S1 to S2! Wow!

Was that scene actually shot with IMAX cameras?

Eh

Tell you what, my favourite bit was
when the fella said, the Mandalorian is on Tatooine. I was like of course he is. Where else could he have possibly been in the whole galaxy other than the one and only Tatooine.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 11:38 am
Eh

Tell you what, my favourite bit was
when the fella said, the Mandalorian is on Tatooine. I was like of course he is. Where else could he have possibly been in the whole galaxy other than the one and only Tatooine.
I had the same initial reaction but considering the reveal at the end it kind of had to be there. I also quite liked that reveal.

That was a great return to the show.
Loved Olyphant and the AR shift was awesome

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 11:53 am
That was a great return to the show.
Loved Olyphant and the AR shift was awesome
Olyphant is a beast. Hope he comes back.

Favs crushed it behind the camera in the most cinematic episode yet. Was always surprised he did not direct in S1.