The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Leave it to my boy Taika to always deliver the goods. They ended on a high note.

Episode 8 wasn’t as tightly directed as 7, but still very good.

9.2/10 overall for the series.

Episode 8 was legit terrific and some of my favorite Star Wars moments in general. All in all a handsomely mounted if inconsistent first season, very excited for Season 2.

Hopefully they'll find a more capable slate of filmmakers to execute these scripts and keep Filoni away from live action as much as possible.

-Vader

Oku
Couldn't even finish episode 8 because it was just so completely uninvolving.

I have no idea what made me stick with the show this long that it took until the final episode for me to go, wait, why am I watching this pile of sawdust? lol

Non-characters complete with distracting casting.

Intrusive flashbacks in a "oh shit we forgot about this" attempt to add characterization, the bulk of which comes way too late and is about as effective as an assignment that is submitted one minute before the deadline.

Dialogue that sounds like it was pumped out by a cliche factory and then only given a passing glance by a human before shooting, with desperate attempts to become iconic and quotable ("tHiS iS tHe WaY", "i HaVe SpOkEn", etc.)

Ridiculous developments that expose the complete lack of thought put into the world-building, such as the fact that one droid can single-handedly and effortlessly take out dozens of Stormtroopers, battle scenes that completely defy all logic, etc.

Shit got me so heated that I had to rewatch my favorite parts of The Last Jedi to get the bad taste of this out of my mouth.

Seeing well-cast, well-developed characters like Rey and Kylo on-screen, interacting with meaningful, well-written dialogue coming out of their mouths was <3 and set my mind at ease again.

Forum Pro
Law
Oku wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 12:54 am

I have no idea what made me stick with the show this long that it took until the final episode for me to go, wait, why am I watching this pile of sawdust? lol

Intrusive flashbacks in a "oh shit we forgot about this" attempt to add characterization, the bulk of which comes way too late and is about as effective as an assignment that is submitted one minute before the deadline.

Dialogue that sounds like it was pumped out by a cliche factory and then only given a passing glance by a human before shooting, with desperate attempts to become iconic and quotable ("tHiS iS tHe WaY", "i HaVe SpOkEn", etc.)

Ridiculous developments that expose the complete lack of thought put into the world-building, such as the fact that one droid can single-handedly and effortlessly take out dozens of Stormtroopers, battle scenes that completely defy all logic, etc.

Shit got me so heated that I had to rewatch my favorite parts of The Last Jedi to get the bad taste of this out of my mouth.

Seeing well-cast, well-developed characters like Rey and Kylo on-screen, interacting with meaningful, well-written dialogue coming out of their mouths was <3 and set my mind at ease again.

Oku wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 12:54 am

Chapter 8 was a terrific finale. Very excited for Season 2. Some pacing issues in the mid section but when this was working, it was fantastic.

My rating of episodes:

7=8>3>2>1>4>5>>>6 lol

Overall pretty damn good for a series. I hope they find more stability next season, because I sure as hell was left wanting more of this.