The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 11:27 am
m4st4 wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 7:47 am
I've seen three episodes and damn, does this keep up? So far it's been nothing but pure star wars fun in short burts.
Nobody tell him.
Oh boy...

What?? :think:

Ep1-3 are great and almost a great mini-feature film. ep4-6 are a big step down and feel like a different show, broader, more kid-friendly. ep7 is super terrific.

3 and 7 are the best episodes by far imo, both by Deborah Chow

-Vader

4 is meh and 5 is ok. 6 is actually my favorite one thus far so I don't know what they're talking about. Overall it's a decent serialized format show. It's fun but nothing more. If you liked the first 3 I'm not sure why you wouldn't like the others. However, I don't see anything yo love in it, either (other than the baby, obviously)

LelekPL wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 3:51 pm
4 is meh and 5 is ok. 6 is actually my favorite one thus far so I don't know what they're talking about. Overall it's a decent serialized format show. It's fun but nothing more. If you liked the first 3 I'm not sure why you wouldn't like the others. However, I don't see anything yo love in it, either (other than the baby, obviously)
1-3 are serialized, 4-6 are not and change the tone. It's not hard to see why some might like the first half more than the second.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Ep1-3 are great and almost a great mini-feature film. ep4-6 are a big step down and feel like a different show, broader, more kid-friendly. ep7 is super terrific.

3 and 7 are the best episodes by far imo, both by Deborah Chow

-Vader
Way to completely disobey me.

Sorry, obviously I meant non-serialized episodes (I hate writing on my phone and I didn't want to call the show a Procedural because it's not that entirely, either) which to me 1-3 are that. They have an overarching story of The Client and the Guild but in each one The Mandalorian is tasked with doing something different. In 4-6 they just take that concept further and 6 is actually the best episodes thus far (haven't seen 7 yet).

The only really weak ep is 6. And there has yet to be a single great ep. It's all pretty adequate. Fan service, but of the kind, that doesn't hurt the storytelling qualities in the process.

Hmm, thanks for the heads up guys, I'll continue watching tomorrow!

Episode 7 is def better than Rise of Skywalker.

Forum Pro
Law
Episode 8 is def better than Rise of Skywalker.
"No living thing has ever seen me without my helmet"

... "I'm not a living thing.
You son of a bitch, I'm in.