The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 8:21 pm
That is actually not at all what that quote says?

-Vader
Okay. Then what is your take away from this quote then “I have clients who are making an extraordinary effort to post what the social left wants to see.”? You’re always dismissive and argumentative when I post something you disagree with while not explaining why that’s not what it says.

Seems fairly obvious to me. Attempting to please other people by doing or saying what you think they want you to say is the very definition of pandering. And Disney and a large swath of their employees pander all the damn time. This quote from a PR person just confirms it.

*Posts evidence in support of a certain PoV.*

Vader: That’s not what that actually says sir.

I could comb through and find every example of this template but I don’t think that’s necessary lol.

Allstar wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 10:05 pm
Vader182 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 8:21 pm
That is actually not at all what that quote says?

-Vader
Okay. Then what is your take away from this quote then “I have clients who are making an extraordinary effort to post what the social left wants to see.”? You’re always dismissive and argumentative when I post something you disagree with while not explaining why that’s not what it says.

Seems fairly obvious to me. Attempting to please other people by doing or saying what you think they want you to say is the very definition of pandering. And Disney and a large swath of their employees pander all the damn time. This quote from a PR person just confirms it.
Maybe I misunderstood your original post and if I did I apologize, but the quote as written doesn't link the "clients' with "Disney" either as an entity or as individuals, and your post (I thought) implies it did. Hence, how the quote doesn't actually state, as fact, that for Disney it's all empty PR.

Instead, the quote was making a general point about clients humoring the left as a way to speculate why Disney fired Carano and how Disney may fit into this overall "culture" of "humoring the left." IE, it's conjecture.

-Vader

My initial post wasn’t trying to link it specifically to Disney (though I don’t believe them to be genuine), more so it’s just disheartening that a PR rep says she has clients that go out of their way to post things on social media that they believe will appease the left. I identify with leftist politics certainly on a very basic human/policy level but I don’t want to be insincerely pandered to and I feel that too often these days whether it’s celebrities or the Democratic establishment themselves. Hey if people don’t feel that way, that’s fine but when you see BS like that “imagine” video during Covid lockdown you really see how out of touch a lot of these people are. I don’t believe all are out of touch and insincere because I’m not THAT cynical of a person but many seem to be.

Just finished watching the second season and holy... the ending got me good.
I watched a reaction compilation afterwards and cried some more.

Allstar wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm
When your show is so lame you have to drum up fake controversy to get people to think about it.

When your show is worse than a Marvel TV series on the same platform, you know your show is garbage.