The Mandalorian (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DHOPW42 wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 7:38 am
The word "cancelling" is being thrown around so casually... she was fired from a production because of her public posts which Disney thought were incompatible with their corporate image. And this went on for at least a few months, if I'm correct. It's called... being fired, not cancelled.
Iirc she was also dropped by her agency. And is unlikely to ever land a big project like this, not at least until she attempts rehabilitating her image. And even then, you can’t really know anymore. So Disney may have fired her, but she is effectively being cancelled by the industry.

Ruth wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 11:20 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 7:38 am
The word "cancelling" is being thrown around so casually... she was fired from a production because of her public posts which Disney thought were incompatible with their corporate image. And this went on for at least a few months, if I'm correct. It's called... being fired, not cancelled.
Iirc she was also dropped by her agency. And is unlikely to ever land a big project like this, not at least until she attempts rehabilitating her image. And even then, you can’t really know anymore. So Disney may have fired her, but she is effectively being cancelled by the industry.
She'll get another job down the line. Possibly a conservative pundit on FOX or some Podcast or something. She'll be fine... which is kind of the opposite of Jews in Nazi Germany :P

Let’s not pretend anyone was writing material with her in mind, even after watching The Mandalorian.

She has taken me out of literally anything she's been in, with how bad an actor she is.

No tears shed.

If anyone believes they are wrongfully terminated there’s this little thing called the legal system and court through which to pursue your claim. 99% don’t do this though because they know they have no case and many just become whiners on social media instead.

Numbers wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 6:00 am
Yup, she's a fucking moron. There's no way she wasn't warned, and yet she still chose to die on that hill. AND partnering with Ben Shapiro? She's doubling down.

I wouldn't have called for her to be canceled, but there's also no sympathy for stupid getting what stupid gets.
She’s unbelievable. She didn’t even think about apologizing for the incredibly stupid comparison. No, she’s doubling down and playing the victim. Like, if she kept her mouth shut and maybe educated herself in private she would’ve gotten her own show (if those reports are accurate).

Now that the fandom menace crowd are canceling Mando and Star Wars anyway, can we have Rian Johnson back please?

“I don’t know what people at Disney personally believe or don’t believe with regard to politics, but as a corporate entity, they want to stay as trouble-free as possible. And anything that’s going to offend the left is a problem,” says crisis PR rep Juda Engelmayer. “I have clients who are making an extraordinary effort to post what the social left wants to see.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ina-carano

So they’re not sincere and it’s all just PR and nothing more. No wonder people are so cynical.

That is actually not at all what that quote says?

-Vader

THR: "In Carano’s case, the move to cut ties had been brewing for some time. In the months leading up to Disney’s investor day presentation Dec. 10, Carano’s agents at UTA were negotiating for the actress to receive a sizable bump for a planned spinoff of Disney+’s The Mandalorian that was to star her fan-favorite character, Cara Dune. The actress, who sources say made $25,000 to $50,000 per episode of The Mandalorian, was poised to be touted during the presentation, in which Kathleen Kennedy announced 10 new Star Wars shows, including Rangers of the New Republic, a series that seemed tailor-made for Carano."

Carano still has a cartoon inspired by the false and infamous anti-Semitic The Protocols of the Elders of Zion still up on her Twitter from December 23 as of today.