Untitled Star Wars Film (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Allstar wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Bacon wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 7:41 pm
:facepalm:
How insightful.
It says enough.
It’s baseless and exactly the senseless whining Vader is talking about. You don’t even watch Game of Thrones. Smh

But they're white and male, you see

Allstar wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 11:52 pm
It’s baseless and exactly the senseless whining Vader is talking about. You don’t even watch Game of Thrones. Smh
I'm just commenting on how frustrated I am with their milking of this franchise. The break between Solo and IX will be great, but we could go from 1 a year to 3 a year at this rate. Stories every other year, a new Johnson trilogy, a new Benioff/Weiss film series, etc. It's gonna get over-saturated fast and I knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Gone will be the days of iconic characters and classic storylines. Go ahead and eat whatever they throw at you but I'll gladly be hesitant about the idea of a third series of Star Wars films being commissioned before any of them even get started.

So pointless whining as I suspected.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 11:55 pm
what a lot of folks are missing too is that it sounds like they may not be directing these. For all we know there's going to be a diverse set of filmmakers making these movies. Frankly I hope that's the case. But can we wait and see? Of course not.

What I also don't understand is why Star Wars is brutally held to the fire in a way no other popular franchise is bar none, and yet remains the most diverse by far.

-Vader

A lot of the internet whining is generally connected to being typicially 'white and male', yes, but I think this one is the easiest one to understand and support a bit, and it's NOT part of the typical internet crowd but an all-around sentiment, even though it was a battle against the windmills from the moment Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney (a bitter, but mostly sweet moment from where I stand right now).

So my support goes to those who feel like a bit of movie magic might get lost in the process of industrialization of beloved universe (how much is too much, per year? and yes, I do understand that Star Wars is mostly a toy behemoth anyway but you feel me), while I continue to look onto these movies case by case (next one being the Solo standalone).

As long as we get more TLJs and less cornflakes covered predict-a-thons, I will be IN.

Vader182 wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 12:29 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 11:55 pm
what a lot of folks are missing too is that it sounds like they may not be directing these. For all we know there's going to be a diverse set of filmmakers making these movies. Frankly I hope that's the case. But can we wait and see? Of course not.

What I also don't understand is why Star Wars is brutally held to the fire in a way no other popular franchise is bar none, and yet remains the most diverse by far.

-Vader
People are dumping "stats" left right and centre but seem to be ignoring that until now, Star Wars has largely been a product of one guy. The first other director hired was that guy's film school teacher. The second other director was a stock English gun-for-hire whose films bear no stamp.

The same people go to Ava DuVernay as their first "want" which aint great. But with Coogler having the win under the belt with BP after having already proved his genre credentials I'd hope he would be at the top of the list.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 1:27 am
The same people go to Ava DuVernay as their first "want" which aint great. But with Coogler having the win under the belt with BP after having already proved his genre credentials I'd hope he would be at the top of the list.
She's black... but also a woman. A perfect combo nowadays.

Too bad she ain't nothing special as a director. Like, how about Kathryn Bigelow for errything?

Cant wait to see Ava go off on this. I also laugh at people wanting her to direct something SW when she clearly is a not so great director.

While Benioff and Weiss would seem to be prime candidates to create a live-action Star Wars TV series given their success in building HBO's Emmy-winning genre hit Game of Thrones, [Disney CEO Bob] Iger used his time with investors Tuesday to explain why they'd be fronting a new trilogy for Disney's film unit.

"Their interest was in creating a series of films that are Star Wars-based and we've actually been talking to them for a long time," Iger said. "To my knowledge they didn’t express interest in creating a series. They have an idea for a number of films and at some later date I'm sure we'll disclose to all of you just what those are. They are focused on a point in time in the Star Wars mythology and taking it from there."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ce-1082523