Untitled Star Wars Film (2025)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 6:26 pm
Eh, Star Wars is not that important to me. I like Game of Thrones so as long as these Star Wars films don't end up delaying the final season I'm fine with this. After Game of Thrones is over I don't really care what D&D do but if they manage to make some good Star wars films and bring other people happiness with that, that's great.

I'd hate to say 'I told you so' when I was talking about Disney oversaturating everything with their MCU and Star Wars films. Now you're stuck with this because Disney is a huge corporation that owns almost 40% of the market thanks to the 20th Century Fox acquisition. Monopolies generally don't leave you the consumer much choice. So I hope you like endless Star Wars and superhero movies everywhere because that's all you're gonna get in the foreseeable future as far as mainstream entertainment is concerned. Plus, those kinds of movies tend to leave little place for smaller, more challenging films, which means you'll have less of a choice in terms of alternative forms of entertainment. Isn't Disney magical?
Go read a book or watch one of the thousands of movies already made.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 6:28 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
Eh, Star Wars is not that important to me. I like Game of Thrones so as long as these Star Wars films don't end up delaying the final season I'm fine with this. After Game of Thrones is over I don't really care what D&D do but if they manage to make some good Star wars films and bring other people happiness with that, that's great.

I'd hate to say 'I told you so' when I was talking about Disney oversaturating everything with their MCU and Star Wars films. Now you're stuck with this because Disney is a huge corporation that owns almost 40% of the market thanks to the 20th Century Fox acquisition. Monopolies generally don't leave you the consumer much choice. So I hope you like endless Star Wars and superhero movies everywhere because that's all you're gonna get in the foreseeable future as far as mainstream entertainment is concerned. Plus, those kinds of movies tend to leave little place for smaller, more challenging films, which means you'll have less of a choice in terms of alternative forms of entertainment. Isn't Disney magical?
Go read a book or watch one of the thousands of movies already made.
Go watch Star Wars movies, 'cause there won't be much else soon.

m4st4 wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 6:21 pm
Solo, Episode IX, Obi Wan movies (supposedly), new saga, yet another new saga. One day I’ll turn into RLM farts. People are right to talk about over-saturation of their beloved franchises.
I agree, and I'm hugely feeling the effects of that too. I hate the one a year model and I'm already getting bored of like my favorite thing.

But my point is there's this trend towards emotional over-reaction lately, and in this case pretends this is somehow news. The amount of Star Wars movies is not news. We've known about one a year model for literally 5 years plus. But nobody wanted these silly spin-offs on characters who don't need them. OK, so Disney listened. Here's a BUNCH of totally original movies from people at the top of their game. What do people do? Freak out again.

I fail to see how this is anything other than an improvement on the already-known Disney Paradigm of releasing movies. People need to calm down.

-Vader

I feel you but it's the internet. The very definition of overreaction.

Also, quick posting contrubutes a lot because people tend to post their immediate reactions on forums and just move on with their lives.

Why wont Disney try to tackle Knights of the Old Republic? Possibly the only thing SW fans want to really see, but every new announcement is them not doing KOTOR. I dont get why.

Batfan175 wrote:
Eh, Star Wars is not that important to me.
Oh, really? I couldn't have possibly guessed that for the life of me. How come you've never mentioned that? £

These guys have proven to be incredibly competent on running a huge production and delivering satisfying results. Now bring Sapochnik to direct one of these and I'm in.

:facepalm:

Bacon wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 7:41 pm
How insightful.

Allstar wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Bacon wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 7:41 pm
How insightful.
It says enough.