Doctor Sleep (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
My brand new "this looks horrible but I want to watch it anyway"

Looks like he goes back to the Overlook Hotel in this based on the trailer (it could be a dream sequence or something). That's a big change from the book which he doesn't do, of course, because the hotel blow up in the first book.

I'm really rooting for this to be good, but the trailers aren't making it easy..

-Vader

It wasn't a very good book in my mind.
The whole plot about a gang of bad people who "feed off" the "shine" of others to stay immortal was lame.

Looks fantastic, very intrigued by the changes from the book (which is great)

Wow. Couldn’t be a worse trailer. I really hope it’s good though.

I'm currently reading The Shining then I'll be on to Doctor Sleep. Based on the trailers alone, it certainly does seem to be very invested in being a sequel to the Kubrick movie. Whether that's a good idea or not remains to be seen.

Vader182 wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm
I'm really rooting for this to be good, but the trailers aren't making it easy..

-Vader
my hype is so low right now

BlairCo wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 7:25 pm
I'm currently reading The Shining then I'll be on to Doctor Sleep. Based on the trailers alone, it certainly does seem to be very invested in being a sequel to the Kubrick movie. Whether that's a good idea or not remains to be seen.
Flanagan explained that it's both a sequel to the film and the book in a way. No idea why everyone here seems to be down on it. The footage + the folks involved + the source material + The Haunting Of Hill House being absolutely fantastic, this is definitely going to be a super strong adaptation.