Doctor Sleep (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Jax_Teller wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 3:44 am
Insufferable? Anyway, encouraging running time.
Lol, it’s a running time.

At least I'll have the chance to watch The Shining at the theaters, but this sequel looks horrible :sick:

The Bibbs of Yucca Flats @WilliamBibbiani
#DoctorSleep is one of my favorite films of the year. It’s not just a great horror film about substance abuse and trauma, it’s having a complex conversation about why Kubrick’s and King’s different interpretations of THE SHINING are equally valid and can absolutely coexist.
Chris EvangelistAHHH!!! @cevangelista413
#DoctorSleep works best when it's sticking to Stephen King's novel. The moment it starts trying to recreate elements of Kubrick's SHINING, it stumbles a bit. Still, Flanagan nails the emotional elements (no surprise there). And Rebecca Ferguson owns the entire movie.
Eerie Eric Goldman @TheEricGoldman
I dug #DoctorSleep. I realize daring to touch Kubrick’s work in anyway is sacrilege for some, but I thought it walked the line well of telling a new (adaptation) story about a familiar character while using the imagery of The Shining. Also, Rebecca Ferguson continues to rule.
Drew Taylor @DrewTailored
I really, really loved #DoctorSleep. @flanaganfilm is a master and one of the greatest adapters of King’s material. Somehow manages to do the novel, King’s original novel for #TheShining and Kubrick’s adaptation justice all at once. Scary, thrilling and very sad. See it ASAP.

Rebecca Ferguson is making a habit of being the best part of the movie she's in.

part of me is also irked that they didnt cast the original danny since hes about the same age as mcgregor

i mean how fuckin wild would that be

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 1:39 am
part of me is also irked that they didnt cast the original danny since hes about the same age as mcgregor

i mean how fuckin wild would that be
while, yes, but also, ewan mcgregor

-vader

tru

Well, will you look at that, raves all over the place, as expected !

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 25th, 2019, 7:54 pm
Rebecca Ferguson is making a habit of being the best part of the movie she's in.
that's what she does

I have low expectations for this. The book was super disappointing. Started off really strong, and then it was like King just gave up or had a rushed deadline and stopped trying. It'd be great in the movie fixed that, but it's rare a movie improves on the book. Still looking forward to seeing what they do with it though.