Lone Ranger (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Gore Verbinski will direct Disney's "The Lone Ranger," TheWrap has confirmed

Having done the near-impossible by making a pirate film people actually went to see, Verbinski will turn his attention to a different box office-challenged genre. The western.

"Lone Ranger" will reunite the director with his "Pirates of the Caribbean" team. Johnny Depp will star as Tonto and Jerry Bruckheimer will produce. No word yet on who will don the Ranger's mask and six shooters.

Depp and Verbinski also teamed up on the upcoming animated film "Rango." After directing the previous three "Pirates" films, Verbinski ceded directing duties for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" to "Nine" director Rob Marshall.

Disney did not say say when filming would start or when the film would be released.

Deadline first reported news that Verbinski had been signed.
Looks like Depp is getting increasingly uninteresting with every movie that he makes.

You can say that again... another dump role for Johnny Depp that talli will rave over.

I love it. We know absolutely nothing about the film aside from the director and lead; and people are already condemning it as uninteresting and a "dump" role for Depp. Amazing.

CrazyEight wrote:I love it. We know absolutely nothing about the film aside from the director and lead; and people are already condemning it as uninteresting and a "dump" role for Depp. Amazing.
Yeah because Depp does so many dumb roles.

CrazyEight wrote:I love it. We know absolutely nothing about the film aside from the director and lead; and people are already condemning it as uninteresting and a "dump" role for Depp. Amazing.
Welcome to the internet. Everything is ridiculous here. ;)

Yeah because Depp does so many dumb roles.
I fail to see how Depp's previous collaborations with Verbinski are "dumb". In my opinion Jack Sparrow is some of Depp's better work, and Rango looks damn good.
Welcome to the internet. Everything is ridiculous here.

Very true.

jack sparrow is one of the greatest film performances of our generation

only one to rival it is heath's joker

talli wrote:jack sparrow is one of the greatest film performances of our generation

Um, Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood?

talli wrote:jack sparrow is one of the greatest film performances of our generation

Uhhh... :wtf:

lmao...now if you wanna talk about one of the best performances of our generation