The Wolverine (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
gib sigs

thank god now Aronofsky can make a movie without any studio rules to limit his vision. at least I hope he does that and stay away from all of these big budget projects which would never let him do exactly what he's gonna do.£
Last edited by Master Virgo on March 17th, 2011, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh well.

mastervirgo wrote:thank god now Aronofsky can make a movie without any studio rules to limit his vision. at least I hope he does that and stay away from all of this big budget projects which would never let him do exactly what he's gonna do.£
I do not agree with that but I hope he does The Tiger next Meow.

allstarr55js wrote:I do not agree with that but I hope he does The Tiger next Meow.
Wolverine directed by Aronofsky would have been great for Wolverine but it also would have been a step back for Aronofsky.£

mastervirgo wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:I do not agree with that but I hope he does The Tiger next Meow.
Wolverine directed by Aronofsky would have been great for Wolverine but it also would have been a step back for Aronofsky.£
Was Nolan directing Batman Begins a step back for him?

allstarr55js wrote:Was Nolan directing Batman Begins a step back for him?
yes if you compare it to Memento. look I'm not saying Aronofsky couldn't do a great job as Nolan did in Begins. all I'm saying is why Aronofsky should make a superhero movie instead of making a film which he could have fully control on every aspect of it. if the studio would have given him all the money he wants and would have let him to do exactly as he wants to do, I wouldn't complain at all. but even in TDKR warner won't give fully control over the movie to Nolan.£

I considered leaping off a ledge when I heard this earlier. Fucking eh this would have been so good for Darren (if the film turned out well that is). Bloody hell.

mastervirgo wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:... but even in TDKR warner won't give fully control over the movie to Nolan.£
you're basing that on pretty much nothing

was Nolan restrained in TDK? Nolan and Bale both stated during the press junkets of Begins' how grateful they were to Warner Bros for "backing them up on their endeavors 100%" and "trusting Chris". It's unlikely they yank that power back the third movie in unless this is Sony (Spider-man 3)... or Fox (X-3)

They let him do whatever he want on inception and that film was more of risk than batman, no way are they going to yank his creative vision. I bet as soon nolan said he'll direct batman 3, warner bro build a nolan statue on their lot. At the moment warner bros probably worships nolan, even if this film sucks (i highly doubt it) it will still make more than 900 million worldwide.