The Wolverine (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
i hate marvel because there fucking cheap, taking shortcut is cheating........
Last edited by cooldude on March 17th, 2011, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crazy Eight wrote:Favreau left because they wouldn't give him full control IWatchFilmsNotMovies... I wouldn't try to use Iron Man 3 as an example of how they don't fuck with directors.
Shane Black doesn't take shit though. He would not agree to do the film if he was going to get pushed around. Even James Gunn (director of Super) said he wouldn't get influenced by the suits.

Plus they booted out Edward Norton. I am still pissed off about that.

chee wrote:Plus they booted out Edward Norton. I am still pissed off about that.
Ed Norton was the douche on that. He was being unreasonable and was asking for more money that Downey Jr. Plus Ruffalo is a better actor.

Shane Black doesn't take shit though. He would not agree to do the film if he was going to get pushed around.
Favreau left because he was taking shit from Marvel... why would they treat Black any differently?

Crazy Eight wrote:
Shane Black doesn't take shit though. He would not agree to do the film if he was going to get pushed around.
Favreau left because he was taking shit from Marvel... why would they treat Black any differently?
Because Favs was pissed about all The Avengers shit being included in the film and Black isn't going to worry about that because The Avengers will already be released.

Because Favs was pissed about all The Avengers shit being included in the film and Black isn't going to worry about that because The Avengers will already be released.
:eh:

Iron Man 3 was always going to get a post-Avenger's (2013) release; why would Favreau have to include more Avenger related material than Black?

allstarr55js wrote:
Composer Danny Elfman walked off Spider-Man 2 after 25 years of never quitting a movie because of the producers and Marvel.
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't the Spider-Man films made by Sony.
Exactly my point. I'm pointing to Marvel as the problem, not Fox.
Crazy Eight wrote:
I'd argue against that. They were a main reason for Jon Favreau leaving IM3. Composer Danny Elfman walked off Spider-Man 2 after 25 years of never quitting a movie because of the producers and Marvel.
I thought he left because Raimi wanted the score to sound differently than Elfman...
Nope, it was the producers. I think Raimi might have even defended Elfman.

Crazy Eight wrote::eh:

Iron Man 3 was always going to get a post-Avenger's (2013) release; why would Favreau have to include more Avenger related material than Black?
He left because he was pissed at the turnout of Iron Man 2 plus he wanted to move onto bigger and better things. He didn't walk because he thought he was going to be pushed around for Iron Man 3.

chee wrote:Plus they booted out Edward Norton. I am still pissed off about that.
+1 They've proven to be super frugal when it comes to their investments which started with Terrance Howard and Norton. Norton's case was worse because they actually included RDJ in the final cut of the film which they then set as a shared universe. Having Cheadle replace Howard is one thing... but to do it all over again with a bigger character is down right asinine.

btw there's a LOT of speculating going on in this thread, if you source the opinions (i.e 'left because he was pissed') it gives just a little bit of credibility to blanket statements. Just sayin...