Lincoln (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
GunRanger wrote:It was fantastic. DDL was utterly amazing, and the complaints about JGL's storyline are absurd. He's very important, both to Abe's relationship with Mary, but in regards to the Abe's outlook on the war.

James Spader is hilarious in it.
:twothumbsup:

Outside of DDL which I realize goes without saying which of the ensemble stood out the most for you?

Allstar wrote:
GunRanger wrote:It was fantastic. DDL was utterly amazing, and the complaints about JGL's storyline are absurd. He's very important, both to Abe's relationship with Mary, but in regards to the Abe's outlook on the war.

James Spader is hilarious in it.
:twothumbsup:

Outside of DDL which I realize goes without saying which of the ensemble stood out the most for you?
James Spader, and Sally Fields. Her argument with Abe in the bedroom, is probably my favorite scene in the movie.

Still, everyone is great, and the list of actors in it is ridiculous.

GunRanger wrote:and the list of actors in it is ridiculous.
It really is... are you in agreement with critics that this is Spielberg's best acted all around film? Also do you think this is the best acted film of the year overall?

Allstar wrote:
GunRanger wrote:and the list of actors in it is ridiculous.
It really is... are you in agreement with critics that this is Spielberg's best acted all around film? Also do you think this is the best acted film of the year overall?
Yes to both.

Allstar wrote:
With “Lincoln” finally hitting theaters today in select theaters -- it opens wide next week -- and pundits predicting multiple nominations for the long-delayed project, Steven Spielberg has decided he wants to stay in the Tony Kushner business and is already working with the “Lincoln” writer again.

In an interview with EW (via Broadway World) the Pulitzer Prize winning playwright let slip that he’s currently “working on a new script for [Spielberg].” Kushner doesn’t elaborate any further on what the project is, only that he’s been working on it for “a couple of weeks.”

Spielberg’s next film is “Robopocalypse” (penned by Drew Goddard) and, like so many A-list directors these days, he’s a full slate of possible options after that. However, based on the pair’s prior collaborations -- Kushner co-wrote “Munich” -- we can only assume this will be another Serious Movie, as Spielberg tends to alternate between the popcorn and ponderous with his films. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... ushner-wri ting-something-new-for-steven-spielberg-20121109?utm_source=dlvr.it&am p;utm_medium=facebook

great news.
My guess would be a Martin Luther King biopic, he wants to do that project for some years now

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Allstar wrote:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... ushner-wri ting-something-new-for-steven-spielberg-20121109?utm_source=dlvr.it&am p;utm_medium=facebook

great news.
My guess would be a Martin Luther King biopic, he wants to do that project for some years now
Wasn't Spielberg attached to Direct a Biopic of The BeeGees?

Jude Law looks like Abe's son (leo too)

Jon Favareau said this is DDL's finest work.

Allstar wrote:Jon Favareau said this is DDL's finest work.
You can trust the guy behind Cowboys & Aliens.