Jojo Rabbit (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
“Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi will star in his upcoming movie “Jojo Rabbit” as an imaginary version of Adolf Hitler, Waititi told TheWrap.

Waititi’s Hitler is an imaginary friend to the protagonist, a 10-year-old boy who is desperate to join the dictator’s ranks during World War II. The film won’t include a sympathetic depiction of the actual Adolf Hitler — no surprise there. Rather, the imaginary Hitler in the film will be the invention of a boy who misses his dad, and, confused by Nazi propaganda, imagines a figure who is a combination of his father and the führer.

“It’s my version of… a lonely boy’s best version of his hero, which is really his dad,” Waititi told TheWrap on Wednesday.

“This is not the Adolf we know and hate, this guy is goofy, charming, and glides through life with a child- like naivety,” a character description obtained by TheWrap said.

“Jojo,” which is eyeing a late May production start, is poised to be one of the first Fox Searchlight releases under new owner Disney.
https://www.thewrap.com/thor-ragnarok-d ... exclusive/

Taika as Hitler ??? :wtf: :lol:

I had read the script, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I assumed Taika would be playing Hitler. It seemed like he wrote the part for himself. Top 5 most anticipated for 2019.

Scarlett Johansson to Star in Taika Waititi’s ‘Jojo Rabbit’
Scarlett Johansson is in final negotiations to star in Fox Searchlight’s World War II film “Jojo Rabbit,” sources tell Variety.

The project is Taika Waititi’s follow-up to “Thor: Ragnarok,” and is set during World War II and centers on a young German boy who finds out that his mother, to be played by Johansson, is hiding a Jewish girl in their home.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 5:00 pm
“Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi will star in his upcoming movie “Jojo Rabbit” as an imaginary version of Adolf Hitler, Waititi told TheWrap.

Waititi’s Hitler is an imaginary friend to the protagonist, a 10-year-old boy who is desperate to join the dictator’s ranks during World War II. The film won’t include a sympathetic depiction of the actual Adolf Hitler — no surprise there. Rather, the imaginary Hitler in the film will be the invention of a boy who misses his dad, and, confused by Nazi propaganda, imagines a figure who is a combination of his father and the führer.

“It’s my version of… a lonely boy’s best version of his hero, which is really his dad,” Waititi told TheWrap on Wednesday.

“This is not the Adolf we know and hate, this guy is goofy, charming, and glides through life with a child- like naivety,” a character description obtained by TheWrap said.

“Jojo,” which is eyeing a late May production start, is poised to be one of the first Fox Searchlight releases under new owner Disney.
https://www.thewrap.com/thor-ragnarok-d ... exclusive/
Master Virgo wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 7:44 am
Sam Rockwell Eyes Taika Waititi’s ‘Jojo Rabbit’ With Scarlett Johansson

Rockwell + Waititi = Gold

£
It just keeps getting better.

One of my current favourite directors working with one of my favourite actors? The hype is real.

If I remember, correctly from the script, I assume Rockwell will be playing one of the counselors for the Hitler Youth Camp that the protagonist goes to.

Rebel Wilson Joins Scarlet Johansson in Jojo 'Rabbit'
Rebel Wilson is joining Sam Rockwell and Scarlett Johansson in Taika Waititi's Nazi Germany satire Jojo Rabbit.

The Fox Searchlight project centers on Jojo, a young boy who longs to be part of the Hitler Youth and whose imaginary friend is Adolph Hitler. He discovers a Jewish girl living in his attic and, after initially trying to find ways to get rid of her, begins to see her as human.

Johansson is playing Jojo’s mother, a woman who is secretly working for the Resistance, Waititi is playing the imaginary Hitler and Rockwell will play a Nazi captain who runs a Hitler Youth camp, with Wilson playing an instructor.

Waititi is also producing alongside Carthew Neal and Chelsea Winstanley for Fox Searchlight. Production is expected to begin in late spring.

Wilson, who is repped by WME, will next be seen oppsoite Anne Hathaway in MGM's Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake.

Looks like the kind of role that is exactly suited for Rachel House.£