Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oku wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Is it intentional that there are exactly half on each side, or did they leave some characters out to make that work?

Artemis wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:09 pm
what the fuck
the killed groot? and no I didn't see infinity war but now I'm pissed.
How?! :o
I was like "lol i'll see infinity war in august so that I won't have to be around annoying people. Then the film got pulled from theaters in like late July?

And then I just never saw it lmao

Master Virgo wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 6:20 am
Nolan fans before and after pretty much every single Marvel film:

Eh, bleh, who cares about any of this? These trailers are terrible. Oscar? Political propaganda. Critics top ten list? So overrated. Massive audience endorsement? Completely meaningless.

Also Nolan fans:

To tell you the truth, this superhero fatigue is finally catching up with me. I'm so done after Endgame. You know, I was really on board until now, but Feige is going to lose me now.

OK, I guess.£
There’s definitely a bit of a hive mind mentality here. It depends on who says what first, and then you see people parroting different variations of the same opinion over and over again.

Personally I’m super stoked for this, and I am stoked to see what they’ll bring afterwards. Maybe that’s cuz I barely spent that much time thinking about Endgame after IW so as to not lose my head ahead of time, but I’m not fatigued whatsoever. If I felt overwhelmed by these films I would just stop watching them lol. If you were constantly exposed to the CBM communities/fandoms/pop culture, then I can understand why that could feel like a lot (because it is), but no one is forcing you do to anything you don’t want to.

Ruth wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:31 pm

There’s definitely a bit of a hive mind mentality here. It depends on who says what first, and then you see people parroting different variations of the same opinion over and over again.

Personally I’m super stoked for this, and I am stoked to see what they’ll bring afterwards. Maybe that’s cuz I barely spent that much time thinking about Endgame after IW so as to not lose my head ahead of time, but I’m not fatigued whatsoever. If I felt overwhelmed by these films I would just stop watching them lol. If you were constantly exposed to the CBM communities/fandoms/pop culture, then I can understand why that could feel like a lot (because it is), but no one is forcing you do to anything you don’t want to.
I stopped going to those parts of the internet because it just became way too much. I want to be excited for these types of huge hype event films and not approach them with a sourpuss attitude.

Since I removed myself from all that, I'm legit hyped for Shazam now and I'll def be seeing Endgame.

Artemis wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Since I removed myself from all that, I'm legit hyped for Shazam now and I'll def be seeing Endgame.
Make sure to watch Infinity War first though :lol:

Dobson wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:38 pm
Artemis wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Make sure to watch Infinity War first though :lol:
Nah bro, I'm going in cold. I'm gonna wing it and then come here and ask all of you questions :P

Shuri dying off-screen is unacceptable, also R.I.P. Goose : (

£
Last edited by Master Virgo on March 26th, 2019, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oops it's fake.

Nolan fans before and after pretty much every single Marvel film:

Eh, bleh, who cares about any of this? These trailers are terrible. Oscar? Political propaganda. Critics top ten list? So overrated. Massive audience endorsement? Completely meaningless.
Is it Nolan fans specifically who share this sentiment, or is it a particular segment of the audience who feel that way? Also, this sounds more like what people have said about Black Panther than MCU as a whole. And those who said that were MCU fans, for the most part. On the opposite, I'd say this sounds more like what a lot of MCU cultists say about Nolan and The Dark Knight trilogy. Go to comicbookmovie threads. Every time there's a mention of Nolan or his trilogy, ten or more people come out of their woodwork to announce how Nolan is an overrated hack and his Batman movies are not good and so on.
Also Nolan fans:

To tell you the truth, this superhero fatigue is finally catching up with me. I'm so done after Endgame. You know, I was really on board until now, but Feige is going to lose me now.
I've seen this sentiment being expressed more by the MCU fans than Nolan fans. Go to YouTube. People who made all of those anti-Captain Marvel videos were the ones who expressed this sentiment, by always prefixing that they were MCU fans since the beginning, but they will be done with the franchise after Endgame because of characters like Captain Marvel becoming the new face of the MCU. You're attributing to us something that we didn't start.

Dobson wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 2:06 pm
All character posters:

44% white male with 22% having been leads in standalone films.
22% poc or mixed race male with 3% having been leads in standalone films.
19% white female with 6% having been leads in standalone films.
15% poc or mixed race female with 0% having been leads in standalone films.

Calculating......nope, diversity not achieved.£

Post that on Twitter and we’ll have a new riot in 3, 2, 1...

At least the cinematic world is changing for the better, you can’t expect these things to just flip over night. Not to mention how a lot of these characters can never hope to get a standalone movies due to their niche cb history. Valkyre is only now getting a standalone etc.

Flip over a night? They are making movies for over a century. First major superhero film came out 40 years ago. We are 11 years into MCU.

Not to mention how a lot of these characters can never hope to get a standalone movies due to their niche cb history.
Exactly. And every time someone speaks about changing the race or gender of those characters, people would jump in to shout, how dare you? You take away the masculinity and whiteness of my character and then there is nothing left. Go make your own original characters.£