Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:33 am
And here I was thinking everybody else was just a blind fanbot and N.C. wasn’t sarcastic and specific about why he asked such question.
I guess I kinda forget to read your comments.

Batfan175 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 7:08 am
m4st4 wrote:
And here I was thinking everybody else was just a blind fanbot and N.C. wasn’t sarcastic and specific about why he asked such question.
that’s okay. you seem to kinda forget to read your own comments from time to time, otherwise you wouldn’t be posting the same exact shit 50 times in a row

lock this thread the fuck up pls

No, mis

m4st4 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 11:34 pm
It’s not evil, just silly since that same Disney will probably re-re-release Avatar before 2021 and the sequel and possibly beat its own record. People are nervous from time to time because they are reminded of the absolute monopoly that is going on in the industry right now, standard procedure for pesky little mortals called viewers.
They won't have to because Endgame will NOT catch up with Avatar. But they'll probably do it regardless, as a "reminder" before the sequel comes out.

Geoffrey wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 2:45 am
Nuclear take: Endgame was ass.
For a movie supposedly so driven by characters, almost all characters' actions feel weightless and in service of the story, a sloppy and inconsistent story at that. How do you write a movie with only two character deaths yet you only show the aftermath of one? You have to be utterly incompetent. They could have easily made it a two-in-one funeral. Another great example of horrible character writing is when Thor decapitates Thanos, the man that killed half the people Thor loves and that he barely failed to stop. You know what the reaction by him and his teammates is? It's a one-liner. And that's it. That's it.

Then you have Thanos whom not by intelligence or ingenuity discovers the Avengers' plan, but by deus ex machina, a contrived Wi-Fi hotline that connects the two Nebulas and proceeds to spew exposition. You know what Thanos does with this information? He sits his ass down on a stump and waits for Nebula to do all the work. Thanos also somehow becomes more powerful than ever without the Infinity Stones, despite what Thor did to him in the very beginning of the movie.

The action is, of course, mindless CGI that more resembles a video game than real life. That would be fine if the movie were animated—like Into the Spider-Verse, a better movie with better action—but it's not. It's live-action; or, at least, it's pretending to be. You see a real Robert Downey as he drives a horribly faked Audi straight from Forza. The juxtaposition kills any immersion or viscerality in the action and movie as a whole.

If the movie is so great because there's so many characters juggled, then I would posit that Crash must be one of the best movies in that case. A movie isn't good just by virtue of barely managing to juggle a massive ensemble over a story with nearly six hours of runtime.

The score is barely worth mentioning—it's unmemorable, repetitive, and genric, the only interesting parts being imitations of music from the original The Avengers, which didn't have particularly good music either. All other tracks are monotonous and unmelodic horns blaring.

If Spider-Verse isn't your cup of tea and you don't believe it's better, then try Spider-Man 3, because even that's better.
- I agree that they short-changed Nat's sacrifice. I think most people would agree. We'll see if they try to compensate for that in some way in her solo movie.
- Thor is crushed by what Thanos did but murdering him brings him no satisfaction as he was expecting to bring back the others but failed. I don't even remember a one liner at that time but I do remember the aftermath of what happened when they failed and how it damaged Thor, not only physically
- Thanos is more powerful than at the beginning of the movie because he was a damaged "man" (titan?) after using the infinity stone, not once but twice, and also getting his fucking chest pierced by Stormbreaker. The 2014 Thanos is younger, not injured, in his prime. You saw what he did without even using the infinity stones to a fully powered Hulk in Infinity War. Yeah, he's a handful even without the stones.
- the overuse of CGI is both something that I agree with but also something that is unfortunately necessary for a movie of this scale. I think it definitely could have been limited in many scenes and the ending had too much of background shit like debris or hordes of nameless henchmen, that it was difficult to see what was going on
- the score is probably one of the best in the MCU... but that's not saying much, I'll give you that.

Ruth wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 7:35 am
Batfan175 wrote:
that’s okay. you seem to kinda forget to read your own comments from time to time, otherwise you wouldn’t be posting the same exact shit 50 times in a row

Ruth wrote:
As long as Disney doesn't change, my comments about their output are not likely to change either. It's not my fault they're lazy, greedy and lack artistic ambition.

Batfan175 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Ruth wrote:
As long as Disney doesn't change, my comments about their output are not likely to change either. It's not my fault they're lazy, greedy and lack artistic ambition.
But that’s not her point. And you’re just feeding that beast od yours. And everybody’s watching, looking at it, thinking man, what an ugly beast that is. I know cause I’ve been there with BvS round here. But the thing is, nothing will take away what you feel about the matter and nobody will gain much from you if you just... never stop. Just move onto stuff that actually fullfills you.

I know you won’t, was just imagining talking to an imaginary Batfan who actually reads Ruth’s posts from time to time. And everybody else’s. Carry on.

Ruth wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Lmfao