Avengers: Endgame (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Russo Brothers are 3/3 for me, not the biggest MCU fan

But if they're able to make a great film out of a inevitable conclusion that's motivated by actor contracts rather than storytelling, they'll be blockbuster gods.

Really curious about this one

Ruth wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 4:34 pm
since some obviously don’t care, i fully expect some fuckshit to drop spoilers without any tags or just start pm’ing them to people with no warning.

it’s not like there’s anything to lose.
I doubt so. All of the active users on this site are nice people who don't do that kind of stuff. But fine, if you're so vile, I'll delete my replies.

Well, now there's a problem... I don't see any "delete" button on my old replies. So... How do I delete them?

What about now, do they look like they hate each other?

I'm not a big fan of this debate, but people were already talking about spoilers.... so, let's go back and talk about irrelative stuffs.

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 5:03 pm
Well, now there's a problem... I don't see any "delete" button on my old replies. So... How do I delete them?
Ask a mod

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 4:20 pm
"if widow dies then when will her movie take place?"

I suppose, like CM, it will be a prequel. Or they will just find a convoluted way to bring her back. Not the first time this franchise does this.

"If Tony does the snap why does he die? But when Thanos does the snap he doesn't die."

From what I understand, that gauntlet can be wielded only by the strongest beings in the universe. If an ordinary man uses it, it drains all the life from him.

"Why would they erase a major movie like that?"

I dunno. I didn't make the movie. But that's not the first MCU does that. Thor 3 glassed over major events and characters from the previous Thor films, and CM retconned many things from the previous MCU flicks too.

"If they erased something like Thor 2 then okay but erasing TWS makes no sense. Are these spoilers legit? It points to a lot of writing problems."

See for yourself:

https://www.instagram.com/deanw7/

https://imgur.com/a/J1TWfqV

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosS ... /?sort=new
Ahahaha! About time they got rid of him. But you know Disney. Nothing stays dead in the MCU.

Ruth wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 4:34 pm
since some obviously don’t care, i fully expect some fuckshit to drop spoilers without any tags or just start pm’ing them to people with no warning.

it’s not like there’s anything to lose.

I see idiotic posts are starting to appear randomly, I’m outta here.

Artemis wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 5:22 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 5:03 pm
Ask a mod
There lies another problem: I don't know who is a moderator.

They really went and did it. Did not feel like 3 hours at all, what a brilliantly executed finale that really is blockbuster filmmaking with a capital B. Films like The Winter Soldier, Logan and Nolan's Batman trilogy can be argued to be shy of their comic book roots and attempt to be above it. Endgame's biggest achievement is managing to have it both ways, and throw in well-placed fan service capping 11 years off on top. There is only one aspect that I'm currently unsure about that I'll have to reassess on rewatch, won't give it away here... And really - just see it first, before anything else...bring on tomorrow back to back with Infinity War.

Notes - minor not really spoilers but post credits scenes
there are none. Will know for sure though soon as public shows in Australia/NZ about to begin
- Rankings at the moment: best MCU film? My personal feeling is TWS and IM3 may just top it but that's just personal preference. Better than IW? Different beast, in fact ENDGAME is making me appreciate the earlier film's slightly more experimental approach.

P.P.S. pretty much every. single. review. so far has spilled stuff beyond what the marketing presents and I get that for reviewers this sort of actual premise stuff is usually fair game but for this film?

Everyone else - just AVOID AVOID anything beyond social media impressions