Killing Them Softly (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Asanty wrote:First tweets are all positive, hope it will be as great as AOJJ is :modesty:
Huh? Post them. I read this does not screen until May 22nd.
It seems from advanced screening ...

@KILLING THEM SOFTLY is probably the best movie I've seen this year (which isn't saying much, because I haven't seen much) but it's a treat.' Drew Morton.

'Just saw a test screening of 'Killing Them Softly'. Horrible title, great film. (@ Landmark Theatres w/ 6 others).' Will LeBaron.

"Went to a screening of Killing Them Softly. It was excellent. GO SEE IT WHEN IT COMES OUT."

Looks great, 2012 is just a year of film from heaven. Although, not to sound like a broken record, it's just too bad that the title is so corny.

Brad looks alright in this I guess.

Allstar wrote:Brad looks alright in this I guess.
Yeah he just looks like Brad in this one. Shame, I was hoping for a bit more characterization.

Hard to judge without seeing it in-film, but I'm a bit disappointed by a lot of what I'm seeing here. I assumed, and hoped, the photography would be beautiful and stylized. Not AOJJ gorgeous, but still something special given his intentions for AOJJ. Still excited as hell though.

-Vader

Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote:Brad looks alright in this I guess.
Yeah he just looks like Brad in this one. Shame, I was hoping for a bit more characterization.
I'm hoping more of his characterization will be established in film...it's difficult to judge something like that from 20 seconds of footage especially when there isn't an explicit trait or physical presentation preconceived for the performance. Regardless, the clip is promising in most respects. Looking forward to it!

Aryakel wrote:
Based4Life wrote: Yeah he just looks like Brad in this one. Shame, I was hoping for a bit more characterization.
I'm hoping more of his characterization will be established in film...it's difficult to judge something like that from 20 seconds of footage especially when there isn't an explicit trait or physical presentation preconceived for the performance. Regardless, the clip is promising in most respects. Looking forward to it!
Brad Pitt being Brad Pitt then. Nothing to see here...

depending on what 20 seconds you'd cut out of AOJJ you'd be saying the same thing and it wouldn't be right or you would be saying something else entirely

I actually found him pretty natural in the scene. It was Brad but closer to the real Brad, the way he might be with Angelina and real people, not the way he's in 90% of his movies. He seemed pretty naturally creeped out by his insecurity about the thought of haivng second thoughts when killing someone. He wasn't trying to be theatrical or poster-boyish about it. He was still Brad but as a realistic human being. Anyway that's what I got from those 20 seconds.