Rank the films of Quentin Tarantino

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Do you mean in its reception? In a way I guess. I'm sure QT fanatics will love this film and defend it to death, as was the case with Dunkirk and Nolan fans. But I don't think critics love this as much as Dunkirk, and at the same time, I think general audiences will like it more than Dunkirk. After what I saw in the cinema the ending makes this a real crowd-pleaser.

In terms of structure I don't see much similarity, other than this being a departure in terms of their traditional storytelling techniques for both filmmakers.

LelekPL wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:14 am
Do you mean in its reception? In a way I guess. I'm sure QT fanatics will love this film and defend it to death, as was the case with Dunkirk and Nolan fans. But I don't think critics love this as much as Dunkirk, and at the same time, I think general audiences will like it more than Dunkirk. After what I saw in the cinema the ending makes this a real crowd-pleaser.

In terms of structure I don't see much similarity, other than this being a departure in terms of their traditional storytelling techniques for both filmmakers.
Actually, this is what I meant. Although, the way I would put it is that both Dunkirk and Hollywood are more orthodox in their approach to storytelling in film than any of their other movies.

Oku
Top tier-antino; very rewatchable, and have done so multiple times:

1. The Hateful Eight
2. Reservoir Dogs

Watched a couple times and liked it plenty, but definitely slogged a lot:

3. Jackie Brown - the soulful ending elevates its ranking ("Wow them in the end, and you've got a hit.")

Not bad films, but personally feel no inclination to rewatch:

4. Inglourious Basterds - outranks the other three mostly because I appreciate the fact that when characters are supposed to be speaking in non-English languages, they actually do
5. Django Unchained
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Kill Bill

You don’t have to be a ‘fanatic’ to choose to defend OUATIH in an argument. It’s a brilliant film, and in time, its reception won’t descend lower, for sure.

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Kill Bill
3. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
4. The Hateful Eight
5. Django Unchained
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. Jackie Brown
9. Death Proof

3-5 are interchangeable.

Jackie Brown is his best film because for a second I thought he was growing as an artist and everything since then has been a step down from that. I also like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Tier list:
Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Inglourious Basterds

Hateful Eight, Kill Bill Vol.2

Django Unchained, Kill Bill Vol.1, Jackie Brown, Death Proof
Really like all of his films. If I'd count both Kill Bill's as one movie, it would place on the second tier.

Tarantino loves his two word titles, as much as Nolan loves his one word ones.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood
3. Django Unchained
4. Jackie Brown
5. Kill Bill
6. Inglourious Basterds
7. The Hateful Eight
8. Reservoir Dogs
9. Death Proof

Films I love:

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood