The Devil in the White City (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Scorsese himself said he was shooting it next year a couple of months ago...it's not just De Niro begging for it to happen reminding people it exists lol

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:I think that's an assumption from the journalist. Irishman is next
That would be pretty embarrassingly poor journalism, no?

I don't think Irishman is ever happening.
But Scorsese confirmed it's happening during the Festival Lumière in Paris last October and so did De Niro when he was promoting The Intern. Last Summer, Pacino said that it is happening too.

They've all been saying this for years, I'll believe it when the camera starts rolling.

Personally, I hope Irishman is next, but only because the window for that is closing pretty quickly. Still really wanna see Scorsese do this, but it can wait.

Allstar wrote:They've all been saying this for years, I'll believe it when the camera starts rolling.
You can say the same thing for this. And come on, remember Silence? For how many years it was going to start shooting until it actually started? While anything can happen, seems like The Irishman will go first.

In a personal opinion, I hope Scorsese can do The Irishman before. It's a golden opportunity to see De Niro and Scorsese working again and also to have a film with the former, Pacino, Keitel & Pesci (!); Scorsese can do whatever he want with Leo after that, since the oldies might not be working for much longer (retirement or whatever the thing that could happen to them), while Leo will be for a looooong time having work.

Just not that dumb Mike Tyson movie, please.

theseeker9175 wrote:Just not that dumb Mike Tyson movie, please.
I never buyed that he'll do this movie. Foxx was probably drunk when he said that. I believe he'll just be a producer.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
A killer role that Leonardo DiCaprio has wanted to play for a long time is finally coming to the forefront after Paramount just closed a splashy deal to acquire the Erik Larson book The Devil In The White City: Murder, Magic And Madness At The Fair That Changed America. There was a big auction that had five studios chasing and three bidding aggressively–Universal and Fox were the others–before Paramount captured a package that has DiCaprio starring and re-teaming with his The Wolf Of Wall Street director Martin Scorsese. Billy Ray will write the script. Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing with Stacey Sher, Scorsese and Rick Yorn. This is a big one for recently minted Paramount Film Group president Marc Evans; it’s expected to be the next collaboration for DiCaprio and Scorsese, who’ve made five films together.

Between book option and Ray’s writing fees, this is a solid seven figure commitment, and much more when the picture gets made. Paramount’s Elizabeth Raposo will oversee it with Evans.

DiCaprio will play one of the most prolific serial killers in Chicago history, the 19th Century equivalent of Hannibal Lecter. He has wanted this for a long time, but the project’s second wind occurred after Warner Bros let the rights lapse a month ago on the 2003 non-fiction book (Graham Moore was among the writers who did drafts) and came out of conversations with Par’s Brad Grey and Scorsese and Yorn about the studio being at the center of the next DiCaprio-Scorsese teaming, after the studio released The Wolf Of Wall Street and it got five Oscar nominations. Yorn, DiCaprio and Scorsese went out with a new take on the material from Ray that got everybody excited all over again. The trick with this property has been interlacing the two main characters, the producer/architect of the World’s Fair, and the man who works for him and turned out to be a mass murderer. Ray cracked that, and the town flipped for it.

DiCaprio will play Dr. HH Holmes, a cunning serial killer believed to have murdered anywhere from 27 to 200 people at a time when the city of Chicago was enthralled with hosting the World’s Fair of 1893. Holmes constructed The World’s Fair Hotel, an inn more lethal than the Bates Motel, especially for young single women. The sociopath used charm and guile to lure guests into what became known as a “murder castle,” a haunt that had a gas chamber, crematorium and a dissecting table where Holmes would murder his victims and strip their skeletons to sell for medical and scientific study.

It’s a departure for DiCaprio to play an unrepentant bad guy, but it goes well into a career full of risk taking that includes The Wolf Of Wall Street with Scorsese (for which both got Oscar nominations), and the upcoming The Revenant, the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed film for New Regency and Fox. Ray has been working with DiCaprio and Davisson as he wrote the script for The Ballad Of Richard Jewell, the film that will star Jonah Hill. He’s also writing Twilight Zone for Appian Way at Warner Bros. Ray wrote and directed The Secret In Their Eyes, which STX Entertainment releases November 20.
http://deadline.com/2015/08/leonardo-di ... 201496941/
Ok, I just saw this.

This is happening indeed. I guess it'll be filmed after Cannes.

I have the book. Gonna start reading it.

Hopefully, The Irishman is what's next for Scorsese. Leo can wait. Didn't he have Crowded Room.

De Niro, Pacino, Pesci, and Keitel can't wait for much longer. This needs to be made now.

Whatever Scorsese picks is fine with me.
MyCocaine wrote:Hopefully, The Irishman is what's next for Scorsese. Leo can wait. Didn't he have Crowded Room.
DiCaprio has tons of projects in development, that is not really relevant.