Andor (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
November 19th, 2022, 2:59 pm
It's quite remarkable that 11 episodes in we still haven't seen
Luke Skywalker
, haven't visited
Tatooine
and there is no special child who needs to be saved anywhere in the story. Is this even Disney Star Wars anymore? What is happening?
This is the exception that proves the rule (the rule being that Star Wars is largely medicore and generic at this point).

This was more Victor Hugo than it was George Lucas.

For me personally this show is the highest peak that the franchise has ever reached. Masterpiece television.

Master Virgo wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 3:21 pm
This was more Victor Hugo than it was George Lucas.

For me personally this show is the highest peak that the franchise has ever reached. Masterpiece television.
agreed :twothumbsup:

I'm glad this exists because I can now point to this and ask why no other Star Wars story is aiming for this.

I really didn't enjoy it. Too many subplots and side characters I didn't care for. It gets good during the prison episodes but in the finale I had to go back to Wikipedia to remind myself who they are talking about. It's probably the most burtal and literal depiction of Nazi Sith Empire but unfortunately it didn't make me care about any of it.

I generally have no issues with technical aspects of the show, I like location shots and lack of Volume this time, it felt refreshing. But on the other hand the music did nothing for me and in a Star Wars movie/show that's a big no no.

It's not as bad as The Book of Boba Fett but I do prefer the non-serialized format of The Mandalorian.

Blade Runner 2049 vibes all over this show, loved it.

Bacon wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 9:02 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 8:22 am
Atlanta superiority.
:twothumbsup: