Untitled Star Wars Trilogy (Rian Johnson)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 7:08 pm

It's all related to Luke and his character development.
...And Rose, and Leia, and Poe

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Yeah I'm sure non-violence will be a big part of Episode IX....

It's all related to Luke and his character development. The ''Story'' of this trilogy is still Empire chase Rebels, Rebels fight Empire, etc. Nothing has changed in any way.
sorry what does Episode IX have to do with how radical TLJ is

-Vader

"Johnson did so little"

Hmm..

I suppose that is also a thing. I personally agree with Berardinelli on this particular matter that "Johnson not only advances the overall narrative but brings it almost to a conclusion. There seems to be very little left for Episode IX to accomplish beyond tying up some loose ends."

I do hope Abrams and Terrio wouldn't pull a Return of the Jedi here and don't a waste a good portion of the first half with something akin to the Jabba fiasco or sth. Rather let's head straight into the main business this time please.£

Master Virgo wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 10:50 pm
"Johnson did so little"

Hmm..

I suppose that is also a thing. I personally agree with Berardinelli on this particular matter that "Johnson not only advances the overall narrative but brings it almost to a conclusion. There seems to be very little left for Episode IX to accomplish beyond tying up some loose ends."

I do hope Abrams and Terrio wouldn't pull a Return of the Jedi here and don't a waste a good portion of the first half with something akin to the Jabba fiasco or sth. Rather let's head straight into the main business this time please.£
Rian knocked down almost every domino people expected for the final installment while setting up a lot more for the final chapter than I think many give him credit for.

This idea The Last Jedi barely changes anything is patently absurd. The entire status quo has shifted, albeit to a status quo parallel to pre-ANH rebels.

-Vader

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Yeah I'm sure non-violence will be a big part of Episode IX....

It's all related to Luke and his character development. The ''Story'' of this trilogy is still Empire chase Rebels, Rebels fight Empire, etc. Nothing has changed in any way.
...it's not Luke's character development it's the crux of the entire film. The "story" of these films isn't what literally happens in the space wars, it's what the scenarios and the characters' behaviours within them means. I mean, Empire isn't about people being chased or people being chastised by muppets.

I wish Johnson was even more radical with TLJ.

Still really looking forward to this.

Ace
Rian Johnson has said that he is currently developing the story and script for his upcoming ‘STAR WARS’ film. He adds that Lucasfilm are currently figuring out the film slate and when his film will be planned for release.
Video interview at the link-https://twitter.com/mtvnews/status/1114 ... 09408?s=21

Johnson:
“I think that the fun and challenging part of it is to dive in, figure out what’s exciting and then figure out what it’s going to be,” he said. “We’re doing something that steps beyond the legacy characters. What does that look like? To me, the blue sky element of it is what was most striking about it. I know the way that I’m coming at it and what’s fun about it for everyone in Lucasfilm is figuring out, ‘what’s the next step?’ It really makes you think and figure out what the essence of Star Wars is for me and what that will look like moving forward.”
source

Thank god J.J. is back!

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-hiatus-bob-iger
Indeed, after The Rise of Skywalker opens in December, Star Wars films will be taking a bit of a break from the big screen, per Disney CEO Bob Iger. In an earnings call with investors today (via CNET), he said the films will go "into a hiatus," and like the MCU, the House of Mouse is starting to think of these box office juggernauts as "more than just... film franchises."
Really starting to think this will not happen.