Untitled Star Wars Trilogy (Rian Johnson)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Too much of a good thing. Well, minus Rogue One.

Sanchez wrote:
March 20th, 2018, 8:40 am
Batfan175 wrote:
March 20th, 2018, 8:18 am
Sanchez wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 8:07 pm
Can we at least get a few years break after IX/the Obi Wan shit?
They're gonna make at least one Star Wars film per year forever. They started with one MCU film per year and now we're looking at 3 per year...
The MCU movies are adaptions of tens of thousands of comic books dating back 50+ years, with hundreds if not thousands of different authors. It's not really a good comparison.

I understand how a franchise works, I'm just saying that I don't want that treatment for Star Wars.
And they also have the possibility of adapting (or drawing from) the stories from the hundreds of Star Wars comics, books, etc. from the old Extended Universe that have been around since the 80s if they wanted to. So far they have not done that. I don't want that kind of treatment for any kind of film series either.

The biggest problem I think here is that Johnson, who has the opportunity to give audiences what cinema is capable of--originality--instead has taken on idea from someone else. One or two flicks based on that idea is forgivable. But this trilogy is not. These projects are probably a big deal to Star Wars fan and to Johnson himself, who is probably a fan, too, but still why. And that is one big, WHY.

This is going to be an 100% original Rian Johnson film and he can do whatever he wants in a universe he cares deeply about. I really don't understand why people are disappointed he doesn't make an ''original project''. What are going to be his limits on this ? (except an inevitable PG-13 rating)

Ideas regarding a Star Wars universe isn't originality even if one is to create new characters. The question here is, Why is Johnson wasting time giving audiences something they already have. Isn't it time to move on--make something absolutely original? Or, I guess it's all fine, because in the end what Johnson wants is what the studio wants, which is more flicks about the Star Wars, but new characters to not bore the fans.

Rohan wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 1:28 pm
Ideas regarding a Star Wars universe isn't originality even if one is to create new characters. The question here is, Why is Johnson wasting time giving audiences something they already have. Isn't it time to move on--make something absolutely original? Or, I guess it's all fine, because in the end what Johnson wants is what the studio wants, which is more flicks about the Star Wars, but new characters to not bore the fans.
What is going on in this post.

Earlier I said that Johnson is wasting his time. I take it back. He is not. He's making money. What he is doing is making audience waste their time. Their money. While both time and money can be spent on something more valuable. Let's say, something like 'Annihilation.'

Rohan wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 2:10 pm
Earlier I said that Johnson is wasting his time. I take it back. He is not. He's making money. What he is doing is making audience waste their time. Their money. While both time and money can be spent on something more valuable. Let's say, something like 'Annihilation.'
Despicable way of saying ‘I have no idea what I’m trying to say so I’ll just wrap my anticorporate edgy message and stick it into mouths of those who are actually creating these movies, mainly Rian in this case’. Just absolutely not worthy of any fruther attention from me. Ta-ta.

m4st4 wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 2:40 pm
Rohan wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 2:10 pm
Despicable way of saying ‘I have no idea what I’m trying to say so I’ll just wrap my anticorporate edgy message and stick it into mouths of those who are actually creating these movies, mainly Rian in this case’. Just absolutely not worthy of any fruther attention from me. Ta-ta.
If you can conduct an intellectual conversation regarding this topic, please do so, otherwise, don't waste words.

Intellectual... or intelligent? But you started the conversation with ‘he’s doing it for z moneyz’... which is neither logical nor close to the truth. You don’t become a creative director of an entire new trilogy, supposedly hands free, to earn money first and foremost.