The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
Nomis wrote:wat

I’m surprised nobody mentioned the obvious - they probably want to create GOT 2.0 on TV, not remake Jackson.

Good luck in any case.

m4st4 wrote:I’m surprised nobody mentioned the obvious - they probably want to create GOT 2.0 on TV, not remake Jackson.

Good luck in any case.
I figure that goes without saying but it's still not a good idea.

The Silmarillion is way too epic for TV adaptation. It deserves to be adapted grand in scale like Lord of the Rings. I think WB still doesn't have the rights to adapt it but even then, it will be an even tougher job than Lord of the Rings.

m4st4 wrote:I’m surprised nobody mentioned the obvious - they probably want to create GOT 2.0 on TV, not remake Jackson.

Good luck in any case.
Except LOTR is not GOT

Oh rly? That’s surprising.

You’re missing the point, has to do with audience reach and economy.

I would be fine with The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, lol.£

lololol

Nomis wrote:The Silmarillion is way too epic for TV adaptation. It deserves to be adapted grand in scale like Lord of the Rings. I think WB still doesn't have the rights to adapt it but even then, it will be an even tougher job than Lord of the Rings.
So they only have rights to material found in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, including the Appendices? That's sad. The Silmarillion is in many ways more fit to be chopped up and made into separate projects. The book is a bird's eye view of several tales that can all stand on their own. It isn't a unified quest that occurs during a short time like The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. In that sense it could be fitting for a TV show, though it deserves motion picture production levels.

Nomis wrote:wat