Am I the only one who thinks the Hurt Locker is overrated?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vasticity wrote:I just watched it yesterday, and the characters are cliche and unrealstic, which makes me not care about them. The story is predictable, for instance,
I knew from the moment that Eldridge told his Doctor to come out into the field that he was going to die,
and the writing is pretty much like every war movie in existence. I'd say the only thing this movie really benefits from is strong acting and a good idea to make a movie about. Not to say that all this is a bad thing, but I just don't think it deserved all the hype it got. :shifty:

Thank you! I started watching it after all the hype (twice) and just couldnt get through it. I was so bored!! And like it was said Titanic and avatar, I hate those films.

James wrote: Thank you! I started watching it after all the hype (twice) and just couldnt get through it. I was so bored!!
Same here.I absolutely hated that film.
My friend told me that he started it and after Guy Pearce died, he really pissed off and turned it off. :lol: :lol: :lol:
gib sigs

discoveringuy wrote:No.
Very mature answer, thank you... :roll: Now you need to :arrow:

Its a solid and suspenseful war film, about a politically relevant war with some great performances. I don't think it was the best film of last year, but in a down year for Oscar films I'm not all that shocked that it won.

bruce_angier wrote:
James wrote: Thank you! I started watching it after all the hype (twice) and just couldnt get through it. I was so bored!!
Same here.I absolutely hated that film.
My friend told me that he started it and after Guy Pearce died, he really pissed off and turned it off. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the reasons why I saw it was because of Guy Pearce, hoping he would nab a well-deserved nomination or something. He basically had 5 lines in the whole movie before being blown to pieces. Damn...

In my opinion The Hurt Locker is a good movie. It has some great parts in it. But, it's a bit strange for movie like this to win the Best Picture.

I only saw the second half of it on Showtime a few weeks ago because nothing else was on. I didn't hate it, but need to watch the whole thing and actually pay attention.