Am I the only one who thinks the Hurt Locker is overrated?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It is a bit...I dont think it was the best picture that year, but its still a great film with a terrific lead performance.

I don't remember people clamoring it to be the second coming of christ, it was a very solid film, and people just didn't want fucking Avatar to get it.

It was a good film but yeah in oscars it was overrated.Inglouriuos Basterds should have won best picture :x

only IB was better that year and it was a pretty underwhelming year. It's a good movie and far away from being the "worst" Best Pic winner. "Crash" will hold that place forever

I also don't mind that it won Best Picture, just glad it beat out Avatar. I was hoping "Inglourious Basterds" would take it. THL was a good movie, but it lost my interest too often. By the time it ended, I felt exhausted.

Though, the worst Best Picture winner in history has to be "Shakespeare In Love". :wtf:

Worst "Best Picture" ever? It undoubtedly has to be Oliver (1968).

Inglourious Basterds or up should have won best picture! :x
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

kanjisheik wrote:Worst "Best Picture" ever? It undoubtedly has to be Oliver (1968).
agree with you. also on crash and shakespeare in love... LOL and Slumdog Millionare... another overrated "just-good" movie... :roll:

It was alright. But nothing special.

Up and should've one every award that year. It had so many qualities that modern-day movies just don't have anymore.