The Great Gatsby (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
whoever is financing this must be pretty brainless

chee wrote:
Australian filmmaker Baz Luhrmann will start shooting his 3D adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby in Sydney later this year, reports The New Zealand Herald.

And my hate for Baz Luhrmann festers and grows even more.
Just don't go see it in 3D.

solo2001 wrote:
chee wrote:

And my hate for Baz Luhrmann festers and grows even more.
Just don't go see it in 3D.
Well, I hate that too, but its mostly because talli said Baz Luhrmann dropped the project and that's obviously not the case according to this article.

Wasn't DiCaprio in talks to star in Ridley Scott's Brave New World? What happened to that movie? I really hope it gets made! The book was a pure masterpiece.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:Wasn't DiCaprio in talks to star in Ridley Scott's Brave New World. What happened to that movie. I really hope it gets made! The book is a masterpiece.
Do you mean The Wolf Of Wall Street?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Eternal-Fighter wrote:Wasn't DiCaprio in talks to star in Ridley Scott's Brave New World. What happened to that movie. I really hope it gets made! The book is a masterpiece.
Do you mean The Wolf Of Wall Street?
No, there were talks in 2009 about Ridley Scott directing Aldous Huxley's infamous novel Brave New Word, and Leo was in talks to star. Haven't heard much about this afterwards.

http://io9.com/#!5059265/ridley-scott-c ... -new-world

Oh never heard of it.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Oh never heard of it.
The book or the movie?

No, there were talks in 2009 about Ridley Scott directing Aldous Huxley's infamous novel Brave New Word, and Leo was in talks to star. Haven't heard much about this afterwards.
Yes I have heard of this, Ridley is still attached and developing it but he has quite a few things in development so who knows. I read this book in High School thought it was one of the few really cool ones they made you read.
Well, I hate that too, but its mostly because talli said Baz Luhrmann dropped the project and that's obviously not the case according to this article.
Chee what is your big issues with Baz? I have only seen Romeo and Juliet so I honestly do not have much to go off of.
Last edited by Allstar on February 20th, 2011, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Oh never heard of it.
The book or the movie?
Movie.