Brave (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Based on information provided by unnamed "reliable sources", Cartoon Brew is reporting that Brenda Chapman is no longer directing Brave at Pixar and has left the the studio entirely.
"We hear that she was pushed aside from full directing duties a while back, and that story artist Mark Andrews (who also co-directed the Pixar short One Man Band) has taken over directorial duties. We understand that the change officially happened last week, although it had been inevitable for some time."
Pixar and Disney have previously carried out similar shake-ups when things weren't heading in the right direction for a film, most notably when Jan Pinkava was pushed aside as director of Ratatouille in favour of Brad Bird.

However, this would be quite a shocking turn of events. Chapman has long been touted as "Pixar's first female director" who would bring a woman's perspective to Brave, which she wrote, and which features Pixar's first female protagonist. It would be a stunning change, and I'd love to hear what the studio would have to say about it.

Stay tuned as the story develops or is quashed by official word from the studio. Brave is scheduled to open in theatres on June 15, 2012.

Update: The New York Times reports that The Walt Disney Studios has confirmed Cartoon Brew's report from Monday that Brenda Chapman has been replaced as director of Brave by Mark Andrews.

The Disney spokesperson says that the change was made for "creative reasons". Contrary to Cartoon Brew's piece, however, Chapman hasn't left Pixar; she "remains on staff" at the studio.

As of the production of Toy Story 3, she's a member of the studio's senior creative team or "brain trust". Prior to joining Pixar in 2003, Chapman worked on Disney's Beauty and the Beast and co-directed DreamWorks Animation's The Prince of Egypt.
http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/<- Source
This news makes me angry. I was so excited for the first 'woman-powered' Pixar movie but now that they replace Chapman (I have to admit) I'm less excited. Why do this Pixar? I idolize you but now it seems like you guys aren't ready to make any changes. I don't get why the film making industry has to be sexist sometimes. /endangryrant

Oh, oops. Thought you meant the Cars 2 teaser in your PM. lol

Well, this sucks as well.

Maybe she just wasn't cutting it for their vision? I hope its for this reason, I really don't want Pixar to be sexist.

chee wrote:Oh, oops. Thought you meant the Cars 2 teaser in your PM. lol

Well, this sucks as well.

Maybe she just wasn't cutting it for their vision? I hope its for this reason, I really don't want Pixar to be sexist.
Me too but something tells me that "creative differnces" is just an excuse for what the main reason was.

Maybe. :(

It is quite surprising, considered that till recently she was considered as one of the rising stars in the industry. :-(

chee wrote:Image
NICE!! :twothumbsup:
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
chee wrote:Image
NICE!! :twothumbsup:
+10

Trailer! :D

I like it. A lot. :D