The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm not sure any film loving individual could say a single kind word towards The Hobbit in relation to its achievement as a piece of filmmaking. It's a splendid time at the movies, but that's nothing to elevate it to some kind of pedestal.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I'm not sure any film loving individual could say a single kind word towards The Hobbit in relation to its achievement as a piece of filmmaking. It's a splendid time at the movies, but that's nothing to elevate it to some kind of pedestal.
OK snob.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I'm not sure any film loving individual could say a single kind word towards The Hobbit in relation to its achievement as a piece of filmmaking. It's a splendid time at the movies, but that's nothing to elevate it to some kind of pedestal.
yeah, cause you've already seen it apparently. feeling a bit arrogant today?

....the Hell?

Why did you copy Vader's post in the Contreversial Opinions about Movies thread?

Vader's post? If correct, then: :facepalm:

Why do you feed the troll such large portions? They only learn to get more hungry.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Why do you feed the troll such large portions? They only learn to get more hungry.

-Vader
Tell me more.

But seriously, it hurts me to see so many negativity towards LOTR, The Hobbit, or PJ in general here on NF. It's like Fantasy automatically equals negative, did those who posted said comments ever had a childhood, and when exactly have they lost their heart in the process of ''growing up''? To the point - I commented on whoever posted that kind of line, by default discarding The Hobbit as something that's been masterfully crafted... why exactly? Because it has trolls and tiny men with hairy feet? I don't get it. That's bullshit. For example, Princess Bride, Legend or Labyrinth, they all have something to them, some form of movie making magic, be it the puppeteering or set design or great acting all throughout.

I won't bother explaining how the Lord of the Rings was one of the largest filmmaking achievements of all time, because as snobbish as you are, you'd simply disregard it. The Hobbit trilogy has already achieved several things: it's one of the largest filmmaking projects ever created, definitely one of the largest crews in motion picture history. It's going to contribute greatly to 3D technology, not to mention revolutionize a film industry by bringing higher frame rates into the picture (literally.) The Hobbit is the first film to open in 7 formats. And that's all purely technical. If this gets the same reception as LOTR did, we could be looking at (for the first time in history) three $1-billion consecutive films (the first ever for a trilogy), we could be looking at a load more Oscars (I doubt it, but also maybe a Best Picture win for a fantasy film for the first time since LOTR, and one of the only times in film history.) I'm probably overestimating the film's power, but regardless, it's a huge project undertaken and it's going to have huge results and, most probably, achieve quite a bit. Not to mention the fact that Jackson and co. have made Middle-Earth into a $1-billion+ brand, spit out a string of popular actors who have later gone on to gain worldwide fame, and also saved and revitalized the tourism industry in New Zealand.

What an idiotic thing to say. I am now dumber having heard it.

EctoCooler31 wrote:
What an idiotic thing to say. I am now dumber having heard it.
-Vader
Brave New World