The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/the-hob ... w-zealand/
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is set to premiere in Wellington in late November 2012, director Sir Peter Jackson and Prime Minister John Key announced today at the Hobbiton set in Waikato. Wellington previously hosted the world premiere of the final Lord of the Rings movie, Return of the King, in December 2003. Over 100,000 people packed into the city’s CBD to watch the preceding parade. “I think Warner Bros. in particular were blown away by the Return of the King premiere – no one in the international industry could quite believe how the country got behind that,” Sir Peter said today. An Unexpected Journey hits theaters December 14, 2012. The second movie The Hobbit: There and Back Again opens December 13, 2013.

oracle86 wrote:http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/the-hob ... w-zealand/
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is set to premiere in Wellington in late November 2012, director Sir Peter Jackson and Prime Minister John Key announced today at the Hobbiton set in Waikato. Wellington previously hosted the world premiere of the final Lord of the Rings movie, Return of the King, in December 2003. Over 100,000 people packed into the city’s CBD to watch the preceding parade. “I think Warner Bros. in particular were blown away by the Return of the King premiere – no one in the international industry could quite believe how the country got behind that,” Sir Peter said today. An Unexpected Journey hits theaters December 14, 2012. The second movie The Hobbit: There and Back Again opens December 13, 2013.
I'm still trying to rap my head around what each film will and won't involve.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
mastervirgo wrote: :lol: so is Gandalf who as a lot of people believe, was based on some of Tolkien himself's mannerism and attitudes.
Your love of the Halflings' leaf has clearly clouded your mind
:lol: :lol:

-Vader
It wasn't that kind of weed, lol. :lol:

And those illustrations from Soviet Hobbit are very interesting, thanks for posting the link, Solo!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150451523596807

This looks SO promising! 48 frames is what the bumpy image of 3D has always been missing and the new mirror-lens tech is great! I'm positive this film will be the first film to actually make 3D beautiful to watch!
PJ <3

Wow that was spectacular.

-Vader

Nerdgasm. On multiple levels.

Aside from the misinformation spread about the EPIC's resolution, good video. Glad to get an up close look at his rigs.

Crazy Eight wrote:Aside from the misinformation spread about the EPIC's resolution, good video. Glad to get an up close look at his rigs.
Any more confident about 48fps yet?

-Vader

48P will look gorgeous..